Cordova CLI installation on Windows machine
- Install Node.Js and Git Client.
- Install Cordova Plugins- C:\>npm install -g cordova
- Create First App - cordova create myapp com.example.myapp FirstApp
- Add platform - cordova platform add android
- Build App- cordova build android
- Test App- cordova emulate android(for emulator) or cordova run android (for device)
- Save Maintenance and Support Efforts for entire App Lifecycle
For bug fixing, adding/removing features, and updating/changing the UI, one has to make changes in only one piece of code, instead of three separate native apps. This is especially true if we want to update the UI of the app.
- Does not require diversified skillset engineers
- Development requires minimum hardware
Using Cordova App development does not require one to purchase Mac machine to develop Apps for iPhone devices.
Limitations and Drawbacks of Using Cordova
- Cordova Apps does not provide some specific platform functionality. For example, Background Tasks for Notifications. Furthermore, it supports some features only to some specific platform versions. Though one can extend the functionality by writing custom plugins, but these plugins are platform-specific, and one has to write separate plugins for every platform to support in its native language.