The future is at hand as modern telecom operators grapple with cutting-edge digital innovation and technology-trends transforming the order-of-things. Also in tandem with this large-scale digital wave is the onslaught of relentless competition and ever-changing customer expectations.
How then must an organization re-invent itself and find its well-calibrated niche within this rapidly fluctuating landscape?
Is there a way to combine solutions and services in order to deliver a seamless customer experience that's implanted right at the heart of this revolution?
Progressive telecom-operators and carriers must ride this change. They must re-wire their own internal systems and processes to deliver a 'disruptive' and 'hyper-connected platform' - architected around a plethora of value-added services, the vibrant possibilities of the 'Internet-of-Things' and a robust asset base.
New entrants such as over the top (OTT) providers who cater to evolving communication methods and patterns—marking a shift from voice and SMS, to a data-driven mobile experience, are some of the principal movers and shakers, spearheading this change.
Let's dig deeper into the massive potential that lies embedded within an 'Integrated Digital Service Provider' - IDSP framework:
Towards the new- world - roads and revolutions
We live in a world where the consumer is armed with an endless repertoire of choices - sharing preferences and selections across multiple platforms. In sync with this intersecting universe are next-gen service alternatives (short-range, hotspots, white label networks) delivering quality and consistency.
And the smart telecom operators will try and reconfigure their role in this hyper-active paradigm; not merely service delivery but in many ways an enabler, a cross-connected and highly synchronized offering of digital services and quality-enhancement tools.
IDSP is a rationalized and robust blueprint for future-sensitive telecom organizations. The platform could help create a single source multiple digital offerings - for both owned as well as third-part services. In fact, research points to the fact that IDSPs can help propel growth-rates by combining strengths and capabilities with other related industries/businesses and usher in an era of collaboration for improved customer management.
Things in motion - the nuts and bolts behind an IDSP
How then does an operator plan and action this movement?
We believe a simply gateway towards enriching your assets and reinforcing core systems would be a starting point towards initiating an IDSP mechanism.
A singular customer experience flowchart hugely impacts the creation of an IDSP; the key is to engineer ‘oneness’ of experience across multi-channels, platforms and delivery outlets (including online presence, social media, mobiles, retail, call centers and the like).
Secondly, companies must look towards a specialized and unified network architecture that harnesses capacities and delivers a stable yet differentiated suite of services.
Additionally, it's important for telecom operators to appreciate the rising importance of an eco-system that combines multiple legacy and modern elements to build systems that are more efficient, agile and accelerated in IT service-delivery. A reformative and inclusive IT governance structure is therefore, essential.
Altering the Landscape - what IDSP could do for your business
IDSP frameworks work on a number of key levers; these help streamline the transformational pathway driving expansion, asset enhancement and the introduction of state-of-the-art tech.
- Synergizing for mutual benefit: Service providers, by extending partnerships, including key technology providers, create a cross-linkage of ideas and business intelligence (BI) across industries creating a uniform canvas for apps and customer satisfaction
- Enhancing customer centricity: IDSPs help industries improve their understanding of the customer—by mapping customer likes, dislikes, preferences, trends and tendencies
- Realizing new business opportunities: The data reservoirs at their disposal could be further utilized for real-time insights and the gradual building of a more custom-specific, personalized and location-friendly set of services.
- Harnessing the power of the 'Internet-of-Things': IDSPs could be employed in the creation of a more sentient, organic and self-aware digital matrix - one that could promise deeper connectivity and foster the continuous monitoring of consumer behaviour.
A plethora of benefits - crafting the future of communication plans
IDSPs could change the way things work on a fundamental level, bringing operators to the centre of the value chain, allowing for greater control, better services and stronger alliances.
Here then, are a few effective mechanisms for possible partnerships and enhanced delivery:
- Robust home automation and security, where users monitor appliances and devices remotely, via apps
- Boosting insurance underwriting capabilities through access to real-time information
- On-demand multimedia services via a content platform
- Accelerate retail purchases by enabling location-based marketing and tailored offers
The variety of implications and impacts are as wide as they are all-encompassing.
IDSPs will herald a new era of enlightened communications management.
Organizations therefore, must rapidly embrace this sea of challenge and change - partnering a bold and organic digital world that's at pace with every footstep of the modern consumer.