At HCL, we believe in fostering the startup spirit of our employees. Consequently, we go to great lengths to keep our employees engaged by supporting their startup mindset and reinforcing the fact that their contributions are invaluable to the organization.
Some of our successful employee initiatives at work are:
In order to enable employees connect with the organization’s vision and goals an open house meet was conducted in San Antonio with Shami Khorana, President, HCL America. Mr. Khorana shared HCL’s plans and strategic initiatives and answered employees’ questions on HCL’s strategy & direction.
Lunch and Learn
Lunch and Learn program enables employees to upgrade their skills informally during their lunch break. The objective of the program is:
- To bring about a culture of sharing knowledge and best practices
- To create a continuous learning ecosystem
- To create avenues for socializing with the larger team by having lunch together
Rewards and Recognition
Employees strive to excel when they know their contributions are valued and celebrated. Rewards and Recognition programs honor individuals who deliver outstanding results and support our principles of excellence and collaboration.
Fostering a rewarding environment through rewards and recognition
All Hands Meet
We believe that successful communication of the organization’s strategy and direction is the key to an aligned, productive, and motivated workforce. One of the opportunities for communication is the all hands meet, led by the management conducted once every quarter. Employees are updated on the organization’s direction, strategy for growth and they get a chance to raise questions on issues faced. At end of these meetings, employees are recognized for their accomplishments.
On-boarding Buddy Program
The purpose of this program is to help new employees assimilate to our culture quickly. Every new employee is assigned a buddy who will clarify his doubts regarding office procedures and norms and be a source of support, advice, and encouragement.
Buddy Selection Process: The Engagement owner nominates a buddy and the HR Team evaluates and finalizes the nominee and schedules training. A buddy is assigned to a new employee only after completing the mandatory training.
Role of Buddy:
- Assist in understanding the culture of the organization and how to get things done
- Assist in building networks and insights into how to make them more productive and effective
- Introduce the new employee to co-workers and other key people
- Explain office procedures (work hours, lunch/break time, policies, myhcl)
- Ensure the employee knows the location of the break room, cafeteria, restroom, photocopier, fax machine, printer, fire exit, supplies, etc.
- Explain who to contact for different issues (HR/ EHS/Admin/IT/General Support)
- Assist the new employee in understanding organizational acronyms or jargon