Test Automation Framework for Android
HCL’s Test automation framework for Android is represented in the figure below
- Client and server are connected over Serial / USB interface.
- PC based GUI application accepts test parameters for devices and passes it on to the Command Interface.
- Command Interface generates test commands in a specified format and sends them to communication Interface that sends these commands to the target platform.
- On the target platform, command daemon (using Serial / USB interface) accepts these commands, validates them, and sends them to the test framework driver.
- Test framework driver will analyze these commands on the basis of the arguments and call relevant test interfaces to perform system testing.
- The result of the testing will be returned back to the PC GUI application through target daemon.