HCL has more than a decade’s experience in home applications and is working with the top 3 white goods manufacturers in the world. To ensure excellent service and delivery, HCL is ISO 9001, ISO 17025, and IEC 61508 compliant. We have state-of-the-art delivery centers in four locations in India and in-house EMI/EMC testing, prototyping, and certification capabilities.
- Mechanical engineering: Market surveys, industrial design, CAD modelling, prototype building/testing, detailed design, tool design, manufacturing support, value engineering, costing, reliability engineering – warranty calculation/support, and regulatory agency approval.
- Control and sensor design: Motor control capabilities in brushed and brushless DC motors and HVAC motors. Charging controls - industrial and household appliances battery charging (NiMH, Li-Ion, and Lead Acid). Sensors - touch button sensors, temperature sensors, humidity sensors, proximity sensors, and IR sensors.
- Testing: Software functional testing, system integration testing, automation tools development, simulation based tools development, standard compliance testing, performance testing, acceptance testing, manufacturing testing, hardware margining testing, and regulatory and compliance testing.
- Systems engineering: Translating product requirements into functional specifications, defining product specifications, developing embedded system architecture for control systems, performing system level FMEA, developing core algorithms, modeling, analyzing regulatory requirements, and developing test plans.
- Electronics (hardware/software): UI panel design and development, GUI applications/touch-based LCD development, design analysis, DFMEA, WCCA, power electronics capabilities, prototyping, and testing and validation. Embedded systems - BSP and driver development, software safety analysis, software diagnosis; experienced in various real-time operating systems.
What We’ve Done for Others
For a leading white goods manufacturer, HCL developed a testing tool that enabled remote device testing, which resulted in substantial cost savings.