In 2008, News UK partnered with HCL to streamline and transform its data center infrastructure, and add automated disaster recovery. This long-term data center transformation relationship led News Corp to choose HCL as the core partner for its "DC-3" strategic vision – a project to create a virtual data center on its cloud platform. The global migration assessment program (part of News UK’s cloud first strategy) was a natural extension of the DC-3 vision. It aimed to migrate 75% of the enterprise’s applications to the cloud and reduce its data center footprint from 64 to 6.
HCL In Großbritannien
HCL Großbritannien ist ein führendes Offshore-Unternehmen für Softwareentwicklung und bietet verschiedene Dienstleistungen wie Anwendungsentwicklung und Outsourcing-Softwareentwicklung an.Return To Top
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- Employees trained to fit into clients’ work cultures and environments
- Extensive training in cross-cultural awareness through tools such as Globesmart
- Employees trained to build and sustain trusting and transparent business relationships based on mutual advantage
- Approaches are complemented by traditional HR support, idea exchange events, and blog-sharing and discussion forums
- A collaborative forum of more than 30 CIOs who help HCL align its solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- Working beyond statutory standards for sustainability and environmental protection
- UK offices are ISO 14001 certified, an integral part of the European Union’s Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- Won the European Outsourcing Association’s ‘IT Outsourcing Project of the Year Award’ for the successful IT Transformation of a leading multinational pharmaceutical firm
- Recognized for the ninth consecutive year as a Top Employer in the UK - Conferred by the Top Employers Institute that recognizes organizations “that provide excellent working conditions, nurture and develop talent, and continuously strive to optimize employment practices”.
- Was declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014
- Awarded the Payroll Giving Award (Bronze), which recognizes employers that generate sustainable income sources for UK charities through payroll giving
- Recognized by industry acclaimed platforms and won several awards including HR Excellence Award 2014 for the “Most innovative deployment of HR technology”; Named as a National Champion representing the UK, by The European Business Awards under the “Employer of the Year” category.
Was Kunden sagen
“The new tool allows our product launches to be turned around within 24 hours, and in addition, removes the risk of human error from manual intervention. This has also reduced our demand on IT, enabling other critical work to be completed. Other benefits include the ability to launch new, and a wide range of products, on almost a real time basis and a standardised method for new mortgage product creation. The Mortgage Product Launch Automation Tool was developed by HCL with no additional cost to us and supported all business departments during the entire lifecycle by providing input for design, data and test.”
- Managing Director of Mortgages, the #1 in mortgage business in Europe, and the largest retail bank in the UK
“I’ve worked with several other outsourcing partners, and HCL has been the most flexible internally and most willing to work with us to create new things that we hadn’t before.”
- CIO, Wealth Management Division Short-Term Insurance, A long established UK-based financial services company
“We have selected HCL on the basis of its retail and European experience, strong culture of partnership and the transparency in its cost models. In a challenging retail marketplace this co-sourcing partnership will enable us to increase our IS capabilities and agility by developing standardized, flexible processes. This is a key opportunity for driving innovation and a step change in our IS capability.”
- Group Finance Director, one of Europe’s leading electrical online retailers
“Why has our relationship with HCL been successful? For one, I fundamentally believe that HCL would move heaven and earth just to please us. Their “Employees First” philosophy shows in their drive and motivation to get things done.”
- President and CIO, A leading supply chain company
“With HCL, you get massive support for a new way of doing things and different ways of driving value. I’m bringing HCL further up the food chain into what my business is trying to do rather than ‘go and build me one of these’. So, it’s been a very supportive and enjoyable relationship.”
- CIO, Long Term Savings Division, An international investment, savings, insurance and banking group