HCL provides advanced hardware engineering services for automotive customers. Our key strengths lie in the areas of ASIC and FPGA design, board design, PCB layout, product re-engineering, independent verification and validation, and compliance engineering services.
- Integrated product engineering: HCL has over a decade’s experience in hardware design, board design, VLSI design, ASIC and FPGA design, firmware, RTOS and OS, protocols, electronics packaging, and value added services. We provide concept-to-manufacture services which include idea generation, design and development, prototyping, active product support, and end-of-life product support. We also have DO 254 compliant in-house QMs for design and verification.
- Systems exposure: Our engineers have systems exposure in power, hydraulic, and environmental systems.
- Product testing and labs: HCL has invested over $5 million in a Design Assurance Lab accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 norms, and a Teardown Lab for competitive benchmarking. We have an FCC listed 10M semi anechoic chamber, local test facilities in the UK and USA, and associations with notified bodies like TuV and UL. Testing capabilities include EMI/EMC testing, safety testing, and homologation.
- Centers of Excellence (CoE): HCL has CoEs for RF, automated test equipment, high performance computing, imaging, and Android, with experience in RF and antenna design (700 MHz to 5.4 GHz).
- Vendor collaboration: HCL has established multi-vendor partnerships for tools, technologies, and platform and prototype development with Centum, Hi-Q, Microsoft, Intel, and IBM.
Concept-to-manufacture for a fleet management product, facilitating vehicle tracking and automated job dispatch. HCL designed a modular and configurable next generation product with next generation wireless technologies like WLAN, 3G, GSM, Bluetooth, and GPS with a modern touch screen display.