Challenges we address
A large number of organizations have already implemented data warehouses with reporting and ad hoc access. In fact, most are on their second or third iteration and are seeking BI consulting interventions to solve the following issues:
- Increase performance
- Decrease operational costs
- Consolidate multiple data warehouses/marts
- Incorporate Big Data sources
HCL’s BI Consulting Services
HCL’s BI consulting approach ensures a thorough assessment of your current BI ecosystem with end-to-end analysis of the effects and the desired outcomes on the business process, enabling a sound BI strategy with the option of implementing a host of BI solutions across your BI value chain.
- Performance Assessment – Assessment of the current environment to provide recommendations.
- Strategy and Roadmap – In depth current state assessment, requirements evaluation, future state architecture, and implementation roadmap.
- Tool Evaluation and Selection – A managed process for use case definition, request for information, proof of concept execution, and proposal assessment.
- Architecture and Design – Assessment and recommendations for performance improvements, modeling (conceptual, logical, physical), database tuning, hardware and network architecture and design.
- Migration/Consolidation – Planning, mapping, data movement, validation and retirement of multiple data warehouses/marts.
- Upgrade Services – Planning and execution of the data warehouse database and BI environment upgrades.
- KPI and Metrics Definition – Identification, rationalization and definition of cross-functional KPIs and metrics repositories.
- Scorecard Design and Implementation – Definition of key reporting metrics and design of visual scorecards including alerting detail drill through.
- Reports and Dashboard Development – Development of reports and dashboards for desktops, mobiles and the cloud.
- BI Center of Excellence (CoE) - Definition of organizational charters, team structures, roles and skills, asset types, service types, governance rules and cross-enterprise service agreements.
- SaaS Integration – Evaluation and integration of SaaS BI tools and data into the enterprise architecture.
- Maintenance and Enhancement Services – Production and application maintenance services.
- BI Migration Framework – Step-by-step process for migrating between BI platforms.
- Migration Validator - Automates the process of validating the BI reports pre and post migration.
- BI Inventory Consolidator - Automates the BI report rationalization process before the migration
- Report Rationalization Framework – Performance and tracking statistics for use across all BI applications.
- Global Reporting and Analytical Factory (GRAF) – Complete set of processes, frameworks and components for rapid report creation.
- Appliance Selection Tool - Scoring models for appliance vendors.
- Appliance Implementation Methodology – Comprehensive methodology for architecture, implementation and support.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Reference Architecture – Best practices for a layered and scalable architecture.
- Performance Management Framework - A collection of acceleration techniques and monitoring capabilities for optimizing operational data storage and data warehousing performance.
- Landing Zone Optimizer – A tool for handling multiple source files in parallel from different heterogeneous sources.
- Netezza (IBM)
- IBM Blu
- Exadata (Oracle)
- HANA (SAP)
- Vertica (HP)
- Cognos (IBM)
- BusinessObjects (SAP)
- OBIEE (Oracle)
- SSRS (Microsoft)