Alternate Application Support and Maintenance
A smarter approach towards generating predictable business outcome from Application Support and Maintenance (Or) ALT ASM™ Framework driving Proactive Obsolescence Powered by Run.Advisor.
Rapidly changing IT landscape and evolution of cognitive capabilities are making the traditional systems obsolete, triggering the need for cutting edge automation technology for faster and efficient IT operations. With this objective at its core, Run.Advisor powers the ALT ASM to envision the Zero ASM – a world where human intervention becomes redundant and systems self-correct.
To address the evolving business imperatives of CIOs, HCL has added new levels of capabilities to its industry-leading Application Support & maintenance (ASM) offering. ALT ASM™ is powered by the Run.Advisor platform, an automation and analytics approach that is custom designed for application support and maintenance.
Run.Advisor platform is a rich set of algorithmic analytical tools developed by processing data captured from HCL’s experience of handling millions of tickets gathered from over hundreds of thousands of applications managed by HCL over 35 years.
The first phase, Autonomation, powers the ALT ASM™ framework to deliver operational efficiencies, offers in-house toolkits to assist the implementation of HCL’s ALT ASM™ Framework. The comprehensive details of tool packages that enables the stakeholders to deploy the 1st phase of Run.Advisor called “Autonomation” using Gen 1 tools.
- Right Sizing is achieved by Optima improves margins through resource optimization
- Performance Management is supported by StepUP which raises the performance bar
- Proactive & Predictive Delivery is implemented by ProInsights which improves the portfolio stability
These Autonomation toolkits power the benefit realization through ALT ASM framework. In parallel, the ASM operations are assessed to identify the scope for Gen 2 and Gen 3 automation through Robotics and cognitive solutions.
- Robotic tools help in removing effort for tasks related to tickets, or monitoring activities that can be automatically addressed via orchestrated platforms, self-service solutions.
- Robotics, with desired service excellence in place, fuels further automation through a gamut of in-house tools, trigger based scripts and COTS products. The tools help in enhancing business efficiency and effectiveness by reducing human effort involved in monitoring and tickets resolution. Through Robotic tools, human effort can be reduced via Orchestrated platform and self-service portal. Besides, the overall productivity can be increased, the involved cycle time can be reduced and the accuracy and compliance of deliverables be improved.
AI/Cognitive elements leverage the power of machine learning, natural language processing, and pattern recognition to drive the goal of zero touch support.
Cognitive computing is the simulation of human thought processes in a computerized model. It involves self-learning systems that use data mining, pattern recognition and natural language processing to mimic the way the human brain works. The goal of cognitive computing is to create automated IT systems that would effectively reduce the human effort based support requirement to a minimum (zero) level.