Network Engineering Services
The Situation Today
The telecom industry continues to witness new technologies sweeping the market with OTT providers and the proliferation of social networks. The increasing pace of innovation means shorter product life cycles and, hence, the over utilization of networks.
Customer experience transformation can only be achieved by building global product development ecosystems to 'out innovate' competitors. This requires upgrading network capacity and integrating multi-channels to enable enhanced customer experience.
In this scenario, CSPs need more than just another offshore services vendor on a piecemeal basis. They need a strategic engineering services partner who can share their long term strategic vision.
How HCL Can Help
HCL has a comprehensive portfolio of data networking and management capabilities, given our engineering relationships with various telecom OEM and CSP vendors. We have worked on all parts of the Carrier and Enterprise Networks and can enable and support a number of communication services through various devices as we understand their features, functions, technologies, interface protocols, and interoperability aspects.
We provide the following services to service providers:
- Communication platforms: TDM PBX, IP PBX, soft switches, and asterisk call manager
- Operating systems: Linux, Windows, uClinux, Proprietary Linux, VxWorks, and Android
- Chipsets/DSP: Texas Instruments, Analog Devices, Sitel, PowerPC, and Motorola 68K
- Devices: Analog phones, digital phones, SIP phones, H.323 phones, soft phones, and Android smart phones
- Applications: Voice mail, JBOSS application server, CTI applications, Clearcase, Tornado, and automatic call generator
- Protocols/standards: SIP, H.323, proprietary protocols, QSIG, DPNSS, TAPI, CSTA, IPv4, IPv6, DECT, H.263, and H.264.
VLSI FGPA Design: HCL’s domain strengths lie in the areas of storage area networks, base station controllers, optical networks, and IPTV. The networking IPs which are currently available include SPI-3 link, Utopia L2/L3, CSIX, SPI 4.2, 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC, MIL-1553, ARINC 429, CAN 2.0, and 10G MAC
HCL’s concept to silicon capabilities include:
- System modeling
- RTL coding
- Functional verification and simulation
- FPGA prototyping
- Synthesis and timing analysis
- Physical design
- Package, test, and assembly
- Engineering sample generation
Value Added Services: HCL provides value added services to its networking and telecom customers, including mobile platforms, media delivery optimization, and multimedia messaging.
Key highlights of HCL's value added services:
- Mobile Internet platform development and integration
- Location based system and emergency integration
- Multimedia messaging application development
- Near real-time analytics for policy decisions
- DPI and policy enforcements
HCL works with some of the top Communication Service Providers and is the engineering partner for some of the biggest technology vendors with whom our relationships have resulted in
- Several patents and IPs
- Deep understanding of products; best placed to drive virtualization efforts
- Extremely efficient TAC
- Testing and interworking Labs for driving interoperability requirements in hybrid networks