ISV Excellence through Engineering & Services
The software market is being disrupted by three major trends
- The commoditization of products & increasingly blurring line between products & services has increased the focus on service offerings for differentiation
- Ad hoc mass adoption of SaaS is cannibalizing the traditional maintenance & support revenue leading to margin squeeze and reduced customer stickiness
- Social, mobility, analytics and cloud are changing the current applications stack for service providers,creating cost and time to market complexity
These changing market dynamics are leading to stagnant growth, margin erosion and poor customer satisfaction. Thus software providers need a strategic approach to ensure growth and at the same time margin protection from reduced Maintenance & Support, right hybrid strategy to prevent customer churn and intelligent tech & product support.
Independent Software Vendors are looking to form close strategic relations to enable their vision in ISV cloud cloud computing and SaaS, empowering mobile workforce, improved user adoption and unified user experience across channels.
The software leaders of tomorrow must be able to create a unique end-customer experience through convergence of best in class products & services. To orchestrate this, HCL will undertake the journey with ISVs through a value co-creation framework with offerings across Engineering, IT operations and support services. HCL offers core value proposition around Growth hack, Margin surge and Customer wins.
- Growth hack through product acceleration reducing time to market by 10% and 5% co-investment
- Margin surge through cost structure disruption reducing operational cost by 30%
- Inventing customer delight through Next-Gen support services with 15% improved CSAT
HCL helps independent software vendors to
- Launch SaaS version of the product using HCL SaaS enablement platform AGORA TM
- Utilize HCL’s deep domain expertise across major verticals such as banking, Retail, Insurance, Manufacturing, Life Sciences & Healthcare, and Telecom gained from leadership in product engineering services across these verticals
7 of the top 10 independent software vendors today work with HCL across different geographies including North America, Europe and Japan.
How we do it
Engineering led product discovery – New product launch, Product portfolio rationalization, Innovation & incubation labs,on demand test labs, SaaS enablement, intuitive UX, investing in technology trends Reusable components & accelerated platform development.
Integrated operations services – Modern IT management platform offerings, Service integration, Carve out of non-core activities, cost take out from low margin contracts, transition from traditional to hybrid IT.
Next-Gen customer engagement – Together-Cell model for customer centric engineering, Analytics driven first call resolution, accountability for multi-tier technical support, Automated solution identification, 24*7 multilingual support with language translation desk
Value co-creation framework for end customer
The HCL difference
Best in class engineering services – HCL is the number 1 engineering service provider from India.
Thought leadership in operations – HCL’s thought leadership approach to next gen operations include modern IT management platform.
Inventing customer delight – Next gen support services driven by analytics with a unique together cell model.
Only IOP in leaders’ quadrant – Gartner MQ for end user outsourcing services, NA, Sept’13.
*Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose