Application & Software Development Services
HCL’s Application Development practice operates with the philosophy of partnering with the customer to maximize their applications ROI. The practice leverages our product engineering heritage to build cutting-edge applications to meet customer's changing business requirements.
The shifting market trends and priorities for outsourcing Application Development have led most of the service providers to change their strategies to adapt the changing market ecosystem. Business Differentiation, time-to-market and flexibility and operational are some the few trends that are presently driving Application Development market.
At HCL, with our strategy to create new markets and market trends with our innovative approach, engagements and delivery models, we help our customers to adapt the fast-moving market trends.
Application Development at HCL - An Overview
HCL offers ‘Total Solutions’ to our customers by leveraging its deep domain expertise and skills in innovative technologies. HCL works very closely with its customers to develop & customize applications that provide strategic benefits & advantage to the customers.
Application Services are core to our strategy and is among the largest contributors of HCL’s revenues from selected verticals like Financial Services, Hi-Tech and Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer, Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences & Healthcare and other emerging verticals.
- Product engineering processes
- Functional Expertise
- Rapid Relationship Environment
- Governance models
HCL offers full Lifecycle Application Development services starting from requirements assurance to application definition, application design and pilot run, and from application building and testing to implementation/roll-out and support. Our matured Quality Management System and IPs create a solid foundation for delivering world class Application Development Lifecycle services.
HCL’s Application Development practice gives advantages like:
- Application Performance improvement
- Risk Management
- Independent blue print with 90% standardization 30% Lower TCO
- Protection of investment – validation of architecture
- Robustness of Application
- Scalability and Flexibility
- Budgetary benefits
- Lesser Field Reported Defects than Industry Average
- HCL Productivity is Higher than Industry Average Closer to Best in Class
- Less Staffing Required (FTE) than Industry Average to manage similar projects
- Time-to-Market for HCL Projects matches the Best in Class
- Six sigma based developmental standards