HCL In France
The evolving economic and political environment in France presents companies with a significant opportunity to transform themselves through information technology. Although containing costs and improving efficiency continue to be crucial for keeping up with global peers, forward-looking French companies are undertaking transformational changes designed to put them a step ahead of their competitors.
HCL, a prominent name as an IT company in France, has a strong track record of helping its customers achieve just that kind of transformation.
HCL’s journey in Europe began in 1999 and soon became one of the top IT vendors in France. Today we are present in 18 European countries, and have 5 of our top 10 engagements from Europe with over 4500 consultants doing transformational work for over 200 European customers.
- HCL is consolidating 37 Data Centers across Europe into one European Data Center for a leading French Industrial Company, becoming the IT company in France that contributes to the country’s IT infrastructure
- HCL is transforming Saint Gobain’s IT landscape with cutting-edge technologies and frameworks
- HCL is managing and transforming the global infrastructure of a leading biotechnology company headquartered in France
- HCL is delivering help desk and service desk solutions for the EMEA region for a leading Corporate and Investment French Bank
- HCL is delivering transformational application support, management, and development for AEGON
- HCL is managing the mobile voice platform, with a strong focus on incident reduction for the largest telecommunications company in Belgium
- HCL is delivering complete application support and management across companies of a leading French financial services group
- For the world’s leading aircraft manufacturer, HCL is delivering Testing Support to PLM/CAD Suites across 4 European countries, and all its aircraft programs
Dynamic business environments, competition, and challenging economic conditions have resulted in a rapid escalation of operational costs which have a direct impact on a company’s P&L. The answer to this conundrum lies in the company’s enterprise functions such as Finance, Procurement, Marketing, Legal and HR, that form the central support to the organization.
HCL’s unique technology-driven proposition - “Enterprise Functions as a Service” or EFaaS™ - enables a reduction in the cost of business operations. While traditional IT and BPO focuses only on optimizing IT costs, EFaaS™ integrates business.
HCL’s ALT ASM™, which dwells on the concept of Proactive Obsolescence, is creating a paradigm shift in applications outsourcing.
While other IT vendors are motivated to keep growing their ASM engagements, we proactively try to eradicate this. By focusing on a cut down of wastes in an ASM engagement, we work towards achieving the ‘ZERO Incident’ status for many of our customers, allowing CIOs to strategically benefit from their ASM offshoring engagement.
HCL puts its employees first, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for customers, making HCL the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
Our fixation on “value centricity” is dedicated to delivering more value for clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract. Our belief in “trust, transparency and flexibility” drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. Our Ideapreneurs are transforming global businesses one relationship at a time.
Technology is constantly changing, often making even the best contracts appear outdated or ill-conceived. That’s why at HCL we focus on developing relationships beyond the contract — not just by optimizing costs or enhancing efficiency but by thinking well into the future on behalf of our customers. Our alternative propositions such as ALT ASM, Enterprise of the Future, Digital Systems Integration, Enterprise Functions as a Service, Innovation Monetization, and zCMO ensure that we deliver “relevant” business value in real-time, despite the changing times.
- HCL won the European Outsourcing Association’s ‘IT Outsourcing Project of the Year Award’ for the successful IT Transformation of a leading multinational pharmaceutical firm
- HCL was declared as the “Customer Experience Leader” in the Outsourcing category by CGT Readers’ Choice Award, 2014
- Vineet Nayar’s book “Employees First, Customers Second” garnered two prestigious prizes in France in 2012 and 2013 - The Olivier Lecerf Award, and The Foundation Manpower-HEC Prize, which recognize authors who have contributed to innovative management practices
- In 2009, HCL received the International Investor of the Year prize by the Greater Paris Investment Agency, for its contribution to the region
- A collaborative forum of more than 30 CIOs who help HCL align its solutions with local market requirements
- An exceptional platform for HCL clients and industry peers to exchange ideas and best practices
- Recognized through several awards — including the Forrester Groundswell Award in the B2B category — for the trust it fosters between HCL and its customers
- Going beyond statutory standards for sustainability and environmental protection
- Working on innovative ideas that benefit society at large
- Has a certified green data center in France
- Conserving energy and reducing our carbon footprint while containing costs
- HCL actively works to address the challenges of communities in France
- More than 90 percent of HCL’s workforce in France, including top management, is local
- To create around 5,000 jobs in the economies of Europe by 2015
- Employees trained to fit into clients’ work cultures and environments
- Extensive training in cross-cultural awareness through tools such as Globesmart
- Employees trained to build and sustain trusting and transparent business relationships based on mutual advantage
- Approaches are complemented by traditional HR support, idea exchange events, and blog-sharing and discussion forums