Oil & Gas
Commodity prices continue to be volatile across the industry resulting in increased pressure to reduce costs and focus on value creation and profit maximization. Increasing regulatory pressure, especially in North America, is driving both independent oil companies (IOC) and national oil companies (NOC) to expand their business in emerging markets such as Russia, China and Africa. In addition to these cost and regulatory issues, the industry is also facing a global demand for talent that is being drained by an aging workforce coupled with a lack of qualified new talent. Being able to attract, keep and grow talent is key to business success.
How HCL can help the Oil and Gas Industry
Marginal improvements to current processes won’t overcome the current industry challenges : Business Transformation delivered by HCL and enabled by best of breed ERP solutions, creates the vital improvements in efficiency and capability that are necessary to outperform the competition in these challenging times.
Successful business transformation requires deep industry knowledge, the application of lessons learned from previous implementations, and approaches that are proven to produce lasting change. HCL employs seasoned consultants who thrive on delivering impactful and successful projects.
In every instance, HCL tailors its approach to the unique challenges and objectives of the organisation, and develops an approach based on driving business benefits.
How HCL Services
HCL's Global Oil & Gas Practice offers services and solutions that integrate all of your core business functions using the power of the leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms. These include:
- Rapid Deployment Toolkit: A pre-configured template for the industry back-office functions that provides a jumpstart for successfully deploying the leading ERP packages.
- Enterprise Performance Management: By leveraging robust EPM solutions, Oil & Gas companies can gain the ability to accurately and quickly consolidate data, effectively report and forecast key financial and operational information to obtain deeper insight into the organization, increase performance, and streamline costs.
- Human Capital Management: Addresses the challenges of managing human capital resources in a tight and regulated industry.
- Enterprise Asset Management: Focused on the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of the industry’s complex assets.
- Supply Chain Management: Complete and comprehensive solution to cover the movement and optimization of bulk commodity movement throughout the supply chain network.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Covers the entire procure-to-pay process including strategic sourcing and inventory management.
What our Clients Say
"Even though I had 10 years experience managing SAP projects, I was skeptical that we could make a 90-day global project successful. What I learned is that SAP CAN be implemented out of the box, without modification and GROW as a start-up company making $70 million grew to $300 million in two years."
-Sheree Fields, CIO of The Expro Group
"Our transition to SAP is viewed as a strategic initiative for GulfMark. We were immediately impressed with HCL’s shared sense of urgency for our issues and their desire to ensure success. By taking the time to fully understand the pressures and drivers of GulfMark's marine business and using their Rapid Deployment Toolkit, they helped us to quickly identify the most effective approach to business process automation. Our team shared passionate discussions on approach and implementation issues as the project progressed, all with the same goal - find the best solution for our business. HCL helped us to lay an SAP foundation for GulfMark's future."
-Carla Mashinski, VP Accounting, GulfMark
HCL was the right consulting partner for us and provided an experienced and nimble team with the capable resources to get the job done. There was no room for slippage, our budget process had to begin in three months using BPC.
-Lee Johnson, VP of IT and CIO, GulfMark