- Key executive management initiative that attempts to align People, Process and Technology initiatives of an organisation more closely with its business strategy and vision to support new business strategies and meet long term, outcome based, goals
It can be defined as:
- changing appearance - by improving services to customers
- changing shape – by review and reappraisal of what a business should do, by working with partners and by making better use of all types of resources
- changing form – by improving the way the business works, and embraces new organisational structures, skills, processes and technology.
- Business transformation can be achieved through new technology, business delivery models and management practices and is an essential part of the competitive business cycle.