ReadytoMake is HCL Enterprise Application Service’s (EAS) all-in-one preconfigured SAP ERP solution for organizations who manufacture and support complex assemblies such as aircraft, ships, transport infrastructure, hi-tech and construction, energy or industrial equipment and heavy machinery. It builds on SAP Business Suite (Production, Supply chain, Sales, Customer Service, Product Life-cycle Mgt., Project Systems, Finance, Human Capital Mgt., Procurement, Work-flow, Business Analytics and Budgeting modules), SAP’s discrete industries and mill products solution and HCL EAS’s industry solutions for Manufacturing Execution and Maintenance, Repair and Operations. These solutions are supplemented by a vast library of preconfigured best practices, flows and scripts, user step by step guides, data load and conversion templates and industry specific reports and dashboards.
Companies who produce, assemble and service complex products can benefit from SAP Business Suite, the most widely adopted enterprise resource planning tool for this industry. This is supplemented by HCL EAS’s experience, tools, templates and add-on solutions from successful SAP ERP implementations to more than 100 complex manufacturers and complex asset service organizations.
ReadytoMake contains best practices, key performance indicators, user “front-ends” and bolt-on solutions for industry requirements, data-load and user test and education scripts and implementation templates accelerators for the deployment of SAP to complex manufacturers addressing:
- Final assembly via a mix of configure-to-order, engineer-to-order and make-to-order product scenarios, optionally scheduled using project networks.
- Lower-level assemblies being procured externally, built under subcontract, or made to stock including in separate facilities.
- Production bills of material and routings being managed on a serial or parameter or date-effective basis with SAP “variant configuration” used to manage pre-defined customer options and features
- Schedule, cost, earned value and revenue integration across design, engineering, production and post-delivery support activities using Work Breakdown Structures.
- Integration of manufacturing execution, labor, material expediting, engineering, after-market support and in-house component repair and assembly overhaul.
- Additional enhancements for make to order transfers (re-firing of final assembly line or reallocation of project-based assemblies between customers), government contract data flow-down (such as DPAS flow-down), automatic generation of as-maintained structure, completion and conformity check and numerous industry-specific forms and reports.
- Options for hosting and business process outsourcing to further reduce cost.
The result is that ReadytoMake is a complete SAP Business Suite solution with a set of highly refined, proven and thoroughly documented industry best practices, to reduce the time, cost and risk of deploying and supporting SAP, and to help you re-engineer to industry best practices in SAP, iMRO and our preconfigured templates.
HCL, working with SAP’s relevant industry business units, has invested more than 50,000 man-hours closing a number of critical gaps in the SAP software, at the same time making the SAP solution more friendly to the shop or mechanic and field service technician to use.