How does GreenEdge improve carbon, energy and sustainability management?
- Auditable Carbon Accounting: GreenEdge ensures accurate and auditable accounting for carbon emissions. Because carbon accounting is a key requirement for various voluntary carbon initiatives and regulatory requirements, the ability to meet these requirements in a cost-effective and timely manner is crucial. GreenEdge helps address these requirements efficiently through its innovative applications and preconfigured solution.
- Carbon Reporting to meet the requirements of diverse interests: The users and audience for enterprise carbon reports today is quite diverse. These can include both government and non-government organizations, investors, the media, senior management and employees. Because these different interests use this information in different ways, reports must be crafted that account for these differences. GreenEdge addresses this challenge with automated carbon reporting capabilities that can be tailored to the needs of the information requester.
- Product Carbon Labeling to meet regulatory requirements: There is increasing consumer and governmental demand for information about the carbon footprint of products and services offerings. This collective attempt to reduce carbon emissions imposes an obligation from government and an opportunity with respect to consumers if these products and services can be shown to have a lower environmental impact than competing offerings. In addition, regulations such as California AB 19 require carbon labels on products and services. GreenEdge helps address such carbon labeling requirements through its end-to-end approach to carbon monitoring and reporting.
- Energy Management for carbon reduction: Carbon Emissions and Energy Consumption are highly interrelated as more energy consumption typically entails more carbon emissions. Hence knowing the energy consumption and taking steps to reduce it can be helpful in reducing the carbon emissions. GreenEdge can help in enterprise energy audits to know the current energy consumption and facilitates reducing the energy consumption.
- Reporting on Triple Bottom Line and Managing Sustainability Performance: A singular focus on financial reporting is no longer sufficient today. The various stakeholders in an organization are demanding to know enterprise performance on all the three of the pillars of sustainability (i.e., Environmental, Social and Economic sustainability). Identifying, measuring and reporting performance on key parameters for these three areas is a challenge. GreenEdge helps reduce costs and increase responsiveness by managing and reporting on sustainability performance in all three areas.