With key B2B IT decision makers increasingly relying on online content through their buying cycle and several of HCL Technologies' stakeholders including customers, analysts, advisors, media, influencers, potential employees actively participating in various social media publishing platforms, it became imperative for HCL Technologies (HCLT) to ramp up its digital presence and foster user engagement.
To be able to impact stakeholders on various levels of online engagement pyramid – exposing users to HCLT's content, inviting & driving response through organic & paid tactics, fostering interaction & participation with the brand HCLT, engaging in active dialogues with stakeholders and nurturing HCLT's brand advocates.
With brand building & social strategies becoming enmeshed, HCLT crafted a meticulous campaign integrating online video in its core to reach & engage its various stakeholders in the fragmented digital landscape with a principal focus on taking the brand awareness to the next level.
“The Employees First Effect” video in YouTube was the fulcrum on which the campaign was weaved with objectives of maximizing views from customer centric geographies, potential employees, media and consequentially increase the volume and quality of incoming traffic into HCLT's owned web properties. The extended metrics of measurement included volume & quality of business enquiries, applications to job listings etc during the campaign phase.
Key Business Results
- Lifetime views for "The Employees First Effect" video crossed over 2.25 Mn+ within 6 months of the launch. The video which is a tribute to employees across the globe, effectively positions HCLT's philosophy of putting employees first
- Incoming web traffic to HCLT's corporate website (www.hcltech.com) grew by over 65% from social media referral sites and 28% of these visits were identified as footfalls from G2000 companies with the help of marketing automation tools.
- Additional Deal Opportunities ( RFI’s/RFP’s ) worth USD 300 Million generated directly from queries on the HCL website as a result of the enhanced reach during the campaign phase and deals worth USD 40 Million+ were won from the opportunities generated.
- The corporate website recorded 100K+ job applications in the period April ' 12 to July '12 with many cover letters citing “Employees First Effect” video / philosophy as a key influence element.
- Every stakeholder segment was effectively engaged & enormous quantum of quality interactions / engagement were recorded
- Powered by an excellent content strategy, HCLT's official social media destinations grew to become #1 on all key reach metrics in IT Services industry (Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, Accenture, and TCS). The metrics include Facebook fans, Twitter Followers, YouTube Views & YouTube subscribers etc.