digital Asset Migrator (dAM™)
Your one-stop shop for migrating to the nextGEN Digital Platform
The Situation Today
While trying to keep up with a rapidly changing digital landscape, businesses are eagerly adopting new age digital web content management platforms. This adoption may be guided by a need for consolidation, streamlining processes, upgrade or even setting up the new web content management platform. One important step in this transition is the migration of digital assets from legacy systems - and often disparate sources - to the new platform.
However, it's not just about moving from one platform to another, but also about planning meticulously and using robust tools to help you through this process so that you can avoid any asset loss, regulatory violations, security breaches, system instability, unplanned downtime, incompatibility issues, broken links and other risks potentially associated with any migration initiative.
What is dAM™?
HCL's digital Asset Migrator™ provides businesses with an effective and well defined solution to ensure a smooth and glitch free migration of digital assets from a source to a destination Digital Platform. Its framework driven approach to migration allows businesses to effectively plan and manage the entire migration process. The solution supports all the leading Digital Content Management platforms with the flexibility to easily extend the number of supported platforms through custom connectors.
- Framework-driven digital asset migration approach
- GUI driven migration configuration
- Automated processes (that ensure 100% accuracy and data integrity)
- Support for major asset repositories
- Flexible and customizable solution
- Comprehensive real-time monitoring and reporting capabilities
- Dashboard of instances running across locations/machines
- Intelligent re-run of failed migrations
- Multi-lingual support
- Supports direct migration and indirect migration via a staging server
- Throttling model to allow migration to run at a lower rate during business hours, to minimize disruption
- Incremental and flexible scheduling
- Outcome-based pricing model
Comprehensive Migration Approach
- Framework driven migration approach. Provides a comprehensive migration roadmap, identifying key elements for a successful migration delivery.
- Increased Efficiency. Allows for a planned migration of large volume and scattered digital assets; provides real-time monitoring to ensure a complete and accurate migration; allows for root cause analysis and intelligent re-runs.
- Cost-efficiency. Usage of HCL’s proprietary and in-house tools; so you do not incur the cost associated with procuring a licensed tool. The outcome based pricing model ensures you only pay for successful migration.
What We've Done for Others
- Leveraged dAM™ to successfully plan and execute the migration of ~1TB of digital assets with 60% less effort as compared to the traditional approach, for a U.S. based Fortune 500 diversified financial services group. Read more...
- Leveraged dAM™ to migrate around 1500 sites and 1200 microsites, digital assets of ~400GB in size, and provided post migration customization and support that led to enhanced collaboration and productivity improvements of 80%, for a leading IT provider in the APAC region.
- Automated processes and migrated websites and functionalities to a new digital platform, which enabled a leading Australian banking conglomerate, roll out its digital initiatives with ease. This resulted in an 80% reduction in time-to-market for new digital initiatives, a 40% reduction in operational costs, and migration efforts were reduced by half when compared to the traditional migration approach. Read more...