The digital world has offered large businesses a world of opportunities and access to many new markets. However, for some, it has caused turmoil and, sometimes, a battle for relevance. Never before have businesses operated in a more dynamic environment, and often, they’re held back by their legacy IT systems. We have to get past these challenges in a manner which modernizes our systems, keeping our business philosophy intact.
Enterprises worldwide have a wealth of application logic and capabilities that have formed the backbone of their online transaction processing (OLTP) workloads for decades. These application logic and capabilities are core business assets and are industrial strength, proven, and time-tested. However, we have entered the 21st Century which has unleashed an era of innovation driven by consumerization, rapid adoption of digital, and relentless disruption with the advent of niche players and technology powerhouses in most of the verticals (fintech firms are a good example in the financial services world).
For businesses to thrive in this digital economy, it is imperative for them to drive change with application modernization. This results in significantly higher agility, which is often inhibited by legacy systems. Some of the key challenges with legacy systems are:
- High cost of ownership coupled with demographic reality that talent availability in legacy technologies is diminishing
- Need for customer centricity and the necessity to deliver multi-channel capabilities seamlessly
- Regulatory compliance and the need to embrace open APIs (e.g. PSD2)
- Increase system elasticity to enable growth and leverage pay per consumption basis
- Significantly enabling business agility
We offer the most comprehensive application modernization services to make your business more agile and help it scale. Our services include:
- Legacy Revitalization
- Cloud Assessment & Migration
- Application Portfolio Optimization (APO) & Decommissioning as Service
- Enterprise Intelligence Hub using Big Data technologies
HCL’s biggest strength, when it comes to legacy application modernization, is our ability to integrate our several distinct capabilities formed over decades. Some of them are automated tools that are built on automated code conversion for forward engineering based legacy revitalization and machine learning based cloud assessment and migration methodology and application re-engineering.