Platform Build and Acceleration (PBA)
The Situation Today
To stay competitive, global organizations must be able to deliver services seamlessly and on the go. Many companies, as a result, are implementing a platform-based business model, which gives them — and any partners they bring on board — a flexible channel for providing customers around the world with multiple services. A successful platform offers valuable benefits, but it also presents several challenges: the difficulty of effective resource utilization owing to the independent hosting of applications; the lack of standardization of rules, requirements, specifications, and business processes across geographic locations; security concerns owing to multi-tenant data access; the inability to effectively explore untapped value in digital assets; the complexity of correlating business KPIs with platform performance; and more.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s Platform Build & Acceleration (PBA) solutions address end-to-end platform needs, helping organizations build, enrich, monetize, and monitor global services platforms. These solutions are helping our customers in the rapid creation and rollout of services across the globe on platforms that are standardized on the inside but differentiated on the outside.
What You Can Expect
Our menu of PBA solutions provides a host of benefits:
- Innovation Platform Enablement: Helps organizations widen their market reach and deepen their product portfolio by opening up untapped digital assets as APIs, allowing the onboarding of third-party and partner developers. HCL partnered with Mashery to leverage Mashery’s API Management Platform capabilities. Mashery completes our Innovation Platform Enablement proposition, to address the API lifecycle end-to-end, thus allowing us enable the innovation journey for enterprises.
- Platform Acceleration Suite: a set of tools, frameworks, libraries, and mechanisms that accelerate by up to 40% the creation and deployment of highly configurable services across the globe
- Innovation Platform Enablement: helps organizations widen their market reach and deepen their product portfolio by opening up untapped digital assets as APIs, allowing the onboarding of third-party and partner developers
- Subscription Management: transforms an existing business model into a subscription/SaaS/cloud-based model, taking into consideration all partners and allowing the easy configuration of billing and metering features
- Platform and Services Monitoring: correlates business KPIs with platform performance, monitors the diverse systems involved with the platform, and provides dynamic and interactive dashboards for real-time updates to enable faster decision making
What We’ve Done For Others
HCL has delivered substantial value to customers by helping them build, enrich, monetize, and monitor their global services platforms.
- Build: created a global services platform that standardizes (by dealing with differing regulatory requirements) yet differentiates the delivery of patient care services across 125 countries for a major Swedish health care organization
- Enrich: enabled and managed composite service APIs, set up a developer support ecosystem, and helped in the certification of value-added applications for a leading telecommunications service provider
- Monetize: set up and managed a subscription-based business model that reduced time to market of the performance management and fault management products of a leading enterprise software company
- Monitor: established a centralized system for monitoring a high-traffic e-commerce platform that delivers services across 22 countries and generates millions of hits each day
Business Impact through Product Engineering
Engineering Services Outsourcing - Unraveling Myths