Today, DevSecOps Engineering has not just become mainstream to application development, but has also become the key driver for profitability, customer satisfaction, and agility. Over the years, the scope of DevSecOps services has been widening to include newer practices that enable faster release and better stability of applications. For any organization, this is making the adoption of a DevSecOps model a complex task, especially when they want to see business benefits being realized out of it. Having realized this and that DevSecOps methodology is holistic, organizations are carefully planning their DevSecOps strategy and investing to have a standardized DevSecOps methodology and a DevSecOps framework. Furthermore, the focus is to build DIY DevSecOps platforms, using which developers can themselves setup CI-CD pipelines and application monitoring dashboards using self-service options. Most of the organizations today are investing heavily in DevSecOps capabilities and working to create a roadmap for its adoption.
Enterprise-wide implementation of DevSecOps services and DevSecOps solutions is especially tricky as it entails addressing the following challenges:
- Tools standardization and cost optimization
- Cultural impact of large-scale changes
- Existing infrastructure and support services
Our DevSecOps Engineering capabilities are bolstered by our extensive experience in a wide range of IT implementations. We have completed over 100 transitions leveraging DevSecOps tools for automation and Agile application life cycle management. Our dedicated SMEs and R&D teams have leveraged HCL’s center of excellence (CoE) to build future-proof IT solutions.
With a robust ecosystem of partners, including tool developers and platform providers, we are cognizant of the needs of the DevSecOps community with regards to DevSecOps consulting. We ensure quantifiable outcomes, measured in terms of release frequency, lead time to production, and mean time to recover.
Engineering-based DevSecOps complete with robust platforms, frameworks, solution accelerators
Consulting-led approach backed by years of R&D expertise in DevSecOps and investments in labs
Customized solutions and DevSecOps micro-practices built by a team of SMEs
Domain-centric DevSecOps with experience with DevSecOps implementation for multiple customers across multiple domains
Industry partnerships and open-source contributions
A reliable model with a focus on stability and business continuity
In-house tools and advisory services
We follow a 4-phased methodology to collect, analyze, extrapolate, and present data around these 25 tenets across five different levels of maturity
Prepare a roadmap and technical design for containerizing products or applications with the help of in-built tools
Combining the power of software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems, with a focus on reliability and uptime
DevSecOps framework puts security testing into your continuous integration framework and enables end-to-end traceability of security bugs with our plugin developed for Jira
Set up right practices, tooling, and automation to make cloud migration smooth and efficient
Advisory on Jira implementation and outsourcing of services like Jira Administration, Jira Customization and Jira User Support to enable mature implementation of ALM
RAPID Advisory and Assessment framework
- A framework to assess maturity across 8 key practice areas of DevSecOps, identify gaps and recommend solutions. It is supported by tools such as online questionnaires, interviewing techniques of SMEs, and collaboration tools for data collection.
- A unique framework that brings orchestration and ingenuity to three key dimensions of automation– Tools Engineering, Process Engineering, and Human Capital Engineering.
RAPID– DEVSECOPS Management platform
- A cloud-agnostic SMART DevSecOps management platform with DIY capabilities for Agile teams to adopt industry best practices in DevSecOps. RAPID is a holistic DevSecOps platform that can take application development and operations to the next level of agility.
- A site reliability engineering (SRE) platform that has continuous monitoring, alerting, auto-remediation and 20+ prebuilt Grafana dashboards. It captures metrics of infra, network, storage, compute, and applications. It is built using open-source stacks like TIC, ELK, Prometheus
Hadron – CI-CD platform orchestration engine
- A family of orchestration engines to build (from the ground-up) an auto-scaling and secured Enterprise-to-Enterprise (E2E) DevSecOps platform (Develop-Build-Test-Deploy-Operate). It abstracts the complexity of hardware, networking, tools configuration, and continuous integration– continuous deployment pipelines with its orchestration capabilities.
KubePlay– Kubernetes Orchestration and Containerization Engine
- A platform with self-service features to containerize applications, build Docker images, store in secured container registries and push them to the K8s cluster with few clicks. It auto-generates efficient scripts that are required by Docker and Kubernetes.
DoJo (Docker Jockey)
- Docker Jockey is a 3 tiered container Security Framework that includes a Vulnerability Scanner and an auto remediation engine to fix errors & vulnerabilities. It does Docker File Validation, Image Static Checks, Docker Bench Security Checks & Run time checks to give complete security assurance. It comes along with a best practices manual for containers created by our SMEs.
- InKubation uses KubePlay, KuberCD and iCOSMOS to build an E2E Kubernetes management engine that has reduced our efforts on cluster creation, cluster management, application deployment, container/ cluster monitoring and Kubernetes operations up to 50%.