Product Sustenance and Support (PSS)
The Situation Today
If shorter life cycles are the new reality, how can companies increase — or even just maintain — revenue from maturing products? Close to 40% of investments on products are focused on product sustenance and support, and up to 30% of operating expenses for a mature product line comprise customer retention and service.
Companies are trying to keep pace with market evolution by attempting to add new features to mature products (while trying to manage costs), and extracting synergies between technology and its support to unlock value and increase operational efficiencies.
How HCL Can Help
HCL has been managing and supporting product lines for Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. and Europe, providing L1 and L2 product support, sustenance engineering, and migration services, and revolutionizing tech support and product sustenance using product intelligence. Through specialized IPs, tools, and best practices, we help product manufacturers operate more efficiently and address their customers’ expectations by providing new and more relevant solutions.
To deliver its PSS services, HCL draws on product sustenance experts who focus on continuous improvement initiatives and developing IPs and tools that leverage our many technological advances. HCL has also set up several Centers of Excellence (CoEs) that focus on cutting-edge technologies and innovations.
What You Can Expect
HCL considers the following benchmarks when developing strategies and solutions for companies with near-mature and mature product lines: customer requirements and customer experience, the product, and market factors.
- Intelligent tech support services offer customizable intelligence components that not only increase the scope of benefits that tech support services can offer but also improve tech support by 40% through automation and integration.
- Intelligent sustenance engineering incorporates product intelligence with sustenance engineering tools to deliver efficient and effective L3 and L4 sustenance support, resulting in quicker turnaround time, lower SLA breaches, and better resource utilization.
- Migration services seamlessly migrate products to newer platforms, thereby extending the life cycle of mature products by adding the latest features.
What We’ve Done for Others
- For a leading product development company providing support across multiple regions, HCL analyzed support functions and set up a ticket query management system (TQMS) and a virtual chat assistant that improved customer satisfaction, reduced costs, reduced volumes by 70%, reduced the average handling time, and achieved 100% SLA compliance.
- For a leading U.S. independent software vendor, HCL implemented a dashboard that gave the company complete control of ticketing data along with metrics and reports for closely monitoring SLAs, and deployed a process model tool that made predictions on the basis of past data. This increased SLAs from 90% to 93%, increased the usage of knowledge databases from 85% to 100%, and achieved approximately $95,000 in annual savings by improving the overall response and resolution time of tickets.
Business Impact through Product Engineering
Engineering Services Outsourcing - Unraveling Myths