HCL leveraged its delivery excellence in the field of Service Virtualization, and enabled the client to establish a Centre of Excellence (COE) for Service Virtualization (SV). As a result of HCL’s comprehensive solution that was implemented in 14 months, the client generated savings worth $680,000 by developing a virtual service catalogue along with rest of the solutions.
Challenges We Address
In today’s fast-paced environment, an early time to market and superior product quality are the key success criteria for any firm that has dependency on technology products and infrastructure. In a competitive market, organizations have to launch their products within strict deadlines and without compromising on quality. As such there is a need for frameworks and methodologies that can accelerate parallel development and testing. This is where Service Virtualization comes to the rescue.
How can HCL Help?
Service Virtualization is a technique that is used to simulate the existence of unavailable or constrained components or services. With Service Virtualization, organizations can mock up the behavior and performance characteristics of an application, and capture these characteristics in the form of a virtual model. The virtual model behaves exactly like the real system.
During integration or performance testing, if any application faces downtime or is under development, then virtual model of the application starts responding in place of the real system. Thus, Service Virtualization eliminates the wait time and constraints that are experienced by development and testing teams in order to access components, web services, mainframes and costly third party services. This leads to a faster time to market through reduction in wait time & production defects and increased test coverage & infrastructure savings. As per a recent Voke research, around 64% of Service Virtualization adopters experienced 50-100% reduction in wait time and the number of production defects dropped down by 22%.
Service virtualization offers below benefits:
- Shift Left testing
- Reduction in wait time
- Faster time to market
- Increased test coverage
- Reduced defect slippage into production
- Cost savings: Infrastructure, license and 3rd party costs
- Robust Solutions- Virtual Service Dashboard for efficient handling and cataloguing of virtual assets
- HCL’s in-house Accelerated Service Virtualization Framework for faster Service Virtualization Adoption
- Strategic alliance and global partnership with Computer Associates (CA Technologies) for the tool CA LISA (CA Service Virtualization)
- Certified Service Virtualization Consultants
- 5 + years of proven Service Virtualization consulting and delivery expertise
For more details, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org