Challenges we address
As the banking system becomes increasingly international, a number of global banks are now active in both developed and developing markets. Protecting the solvency of these banks requires a level playing field. Due to advent of stringent data monitoring and reporting along with enterprise riak management requirements , financial institutions will not have much choice but to overhaul their IT infrastructure to not only comply with dynamic regulatory landscape but also to power operational efficiencies and create a sustainable competitive advantage. The Basel II regulation is intended to create international standards and to establish requirements that guard against various financial and operational risks like credit risk management, enterprise risk management and market risk management
However, there are stringent deployment norms around Basel II - a complex landscape of processes and policies and strict time bound implementation guidelines. Organizations have to also manage local regulatory and compliance norms, and build a world-class architectural framework for enterprise risk management and regulatory compliance.
What you can expect
- BASEL II: Market Risk Management Solution
- HCL is experienced in engineering and maintaining applications related to credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, credit scoring models, KYC, and NYSE431.
- HCL’s exclusive Risk Center of Excellence (CoE) focuses on delivering market risk management solutions to banks and financial institutions across the globe. It offers design and interface development services and can import data from various sources (proprietary data stores, popular enterprise products, and third-party sources) into the solution framework for BASEL II compliance.
- Data from systems across an enterprise must be collected and stored in order to establish group-wide capital reserves. To this end, our implementation services include developing and implementing organization-wide data warehousing capabilities. Services around the BASEL II: market risk management solution include implementation of enterprise-wide risk and reporting tools and packages, and the integration of these with a bank’s existing systems.
- Product Engineering
Penstock One Risk is HCL’s modular and configurable enterprise-wide risk control and management solution, which comprises a comprehensive set of tools that effectively manage complex global market risk and credit risk systems. This suite consists of several subsystems, such as a credit risk system with valuation engine, credit risk exposure, VAR engine, market risk system, and reporting engine.
- Partnerships and Alliances
HCL has strategic partnerships with SAS as a preferred systems integrator in the risk management area and is backed by strong domain capability in the risk space. HCL has also built partnerships with leading vendors of third-party components, including Quadrus, MetaMatrix, Kabira, Metatomix, and Gigaspaces.