Trade Processing and Back-Office Operations
The Situation Today
Globalization, changing regulations and the increasing use of electronic trading have been driving change in the capital markets industry. This is pressurizing players to cut costs, remove redundant processes and implement robust trade processing platforms across operational locations and asset classes. To add to these global pressures, there has been a constant growth in trade volumes along with a rising complexity in service needs. This spells the need to expand operations across geographies, reduce complexity and deliver a consistent and unique customer experience across these multiple trading platforms. Thus, players will need to manage their operational costs - especially those related to trade processing.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s financial and back-office operation solutions integrate technology and operations across the trade processing life cycle, providing consultation, trade platform rationalization, consolidation and modernization, and business assurance solutions with test automation. With more than 2,200 domain experts, 200 consultants on leading trade-processing platforms, and a proven consortium model with Misys and Deloitte, HCL offers best-of-breed, distinctive outcome-driven solutions.
What You Can Expect
HCL’s enterprise IT financial services help companies reduce costs and increase efficiency in trade processing. Some of the benefits HCL clients have enjoyed are: faster time to market, leading-edge industry insights, 360 degree partnerships with leading business platform and service providers, consortium-led global program delivery, risk mitigated engagement models, and a variety of pricing models. An engagement with HCL generates both quantified and qualified value.
- Up to 30% reduction in cost per trade by improving straight-through processing (STP)
- Up to 25% footprint reduction by reducing complexity in the IT environment
- Run-the-business (RTB) consolidation, leading to significant cost reductions and up to 30% efficiency gains
- Up to 25% QA effort savings by implementing platform-specific business assurance solutions
- Efficiency and increase in volumes
- Faster onboarding of new products and entry into new markets
- Simplification of the IT environment
- Flexible solutions to meet dynamic regulatory and compliance requirements
What We’ve Done for Others
HCL has delivered significant value to customers in the financial services industry by helping them transform their trade processing and back-office operations through enterprise IT initiatives. In particular we have:
- Achieved 80% STP for rates flow products; created a scalable platform to handle a tenfold increase in volume; standardized end-to-end processes across regions; and provided effective program management, for a leading provider of interest rate and inflation risk management solutions for banks, corporations, money managers, and public bodies.
- Optimized the IB application landscape, developed the world’s fastest trading engine, and provided 18 years of infrastructure support for a national exchange.