Wealth and Investment Management
The Situation Today
The wealth and investment management industry has become complex and highly competitive as a consequence of country-specific regulatory and compliance guidelines that vary from market to market. Thus, it is imperative for them to adapt quickly to this dynamic business environment.
Additionally, buying preferences and shifting demographics have led to the shift of assets to younger and more technology savvy generations, where customer service and experience are of paramount importance. The increasing number of mergers and acquisitions across wealth management firms and financial institutions are making it critical to have integrated processes, platforms and technology. For wealth and investment managers today, there are distinct business drivers that demand their attention:
- Shrinking margins (the cost-to-income ratio for the global wealth management industry increased to 79.8% in 2011, and there is greater price sensitivity and pressure on management margins)
- A slew of new regulations that curtail growth
- The need for new operating models, technology platforms, and digital channels
- The merger of assets and wealth management in many firms
How HCL Can Help
HCL has more than 15 years of experience serving the global wealth management markets in countries such as the USA, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Australia and New Zealand, Channel Islands, Singapore, and China. HCL has strategic partnerships with leading third-party platform providers and consultancies.
HCL’s Wealth and Investment Management solution helps in investment performance measurement and the overall management of a client’s wealth portfolio. This largely consists of four service propositions that help companies compete in a dynamic and challenging business environment:
- CRM and Client Onboarding: Enables a 360 degree view of the customer, cross- and up-selling of services, and quicker and more economical client onboarding.
- Client Servicing: Improves investment performance measurement and attribution, enables straight-through reporting, and includes mobility solutions for better client coverage.
- Re-platforming: Uses commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products in partnership with market-leading wealth management platform providers to help re-platform a client’s technology environment.
- Transformation and Shared Services: Provides structured methods to transform a diverse enterprise IT landscape through platform rationalization, consolidation, and integrated investment services, leading to an increased utilization of resources and lowered TCO.
What We’ve Done For Others
HCL has delivered significant value to customers in the financial services industry by helping them transform their business operations across enterprise IT initiatives. Here’s a snapshot of what some clients have achieved through HCL’s solution:
|Components of HCL’s WM solution||HCL’s experience|
CRM and Client Onboarding
Reduced the processing time of an application from 21 days to 60 seconds, for a leading Australian bank
Developed an automated financial reporting and investment performance measurement tool that creates reports for 5,000 high-net-worth clients
Replatforming using COTS products
Supported and maintained the WRAP platform for an ANZ-based wealth manager;provided productivity benefits of 49% over a span of five years
Transformation and Shared Services
Gained 34% more business over a five-year period, while simplifying IT, for the top two U.S. wealth managers