Zero Ticket Application Landscape – Gartner report
Alternative Application Support & Maintenance seeks to drive efficiencies at a fundamental level using proactive ticket resolution, LEAN principles, pre-build self-healing solutions, self-funded application portfolio optimization and a business-aligned target operating model.
The goal is to create a zero ticket application landscape.
Application Support and Maintenance (ASM) has arrived at a crossroad. On one hand, shrinking IT budgets in the backdrop of expanding business, is forcing CIOs and IT leaders to find means to dramatically reduce IT spends on application support. On the other hand, CIOs and IT leaders are questioning ASM’s relevance in modern times.
- Why am I paying the same for application support each year?
- Why are the incidents growing each year with increasing complexity of the IT environment?
- Why are IT vendors not innovating in my biggest spending area?
- Why can't this spend create new value for my business users?
- In the age of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), why do I even need application support?
Who will find this report useful?
CIOs, IT Application Management, IT Operations, Strategic sourcing and vendor management, Global sourcing, Strategy and innovation.