Mobile and Remote Working Solution (MRWS) for Police
The situation today
Police forces around the world are pressured to provide an ever increasing volume and scope of services, causing stress on the available resources and adding to an already high level of administrative paperwork.
How HCL can help
HCL’s Mobile and Remote Working Solution (MRWS) helps front line officers to execute their tasks efficiently without referring back and forth to the control room. It reduces their travel to the police station to complete their paperwork and administrative tasks. It provides the Chief Officers Group and the field commanders with the necessary management intelligence, and police mobile solutions to deliver better services to citizens while ensuring the officers' safety.
- help kick-start the engagement by offering no-cost consulting services to assist you with a mobility strategy
- help identify quick wins
- provide innovation and thought leadership at all levels
- quickly implement turn-around by scaling capacity to meet your requirements
What you can expect
- Increased productivity through resource deployment. Direct interaction with a wide range of police computers while away from the central station could result in the improved ability to manage non-emergency tasks, which consume a significant amount of duty time. The ability to pinpoint all the available resources can help drive rapid deployment of the closest officer with the right skills to the incident scene.
- Increased policing visibility and improved rate of apprehension. A reduction in traveling back and forth to the central police station between incidents could generate a significant reduction in the time spent traveling, and increase the time officers spend in the neighbourhood. Immediate access to information stored on national computer systems can help reduce the time lag between detection and apprehension.
- Enhanced potential for cross-force, cross-region, cross-country collaboration. Our solution is forward looking and is based on a flexible architecture. It is sufficiently adaptable and flexible for use by different police forces. There is potential for the MRWS to be used on a regional or national scale to enhance the potential for police force collaboration.
What we’ve done for others
HCL was engaged to roll out a solution designed for the WPF across all its processes. The solution provides a unified view of all operational policing systems, including national and force-specific systems, and it enables the collaboration between various forces and government agencies.