Details of the Contest - #HCLFirst
About the contest
We at HCL are celebrating 38 years of being leaders in innovation by revisiting our very first innovation. For the next 4 days we are going to post a question related to the first Personal Computer that was built by HCL. All our fans are required to answer all the 4 questions, correctly, in order to win the contest. 6 lucky winners stand to win exclusive HCL merchandise.
Rules of the contest
- Each day we will post a question related to the first Personal Computer that was built by HCL.
- Participants should share their answers in the comments section of the post containing the question with the hashtag #HCLFirst.
- This contest is open on HCL Technologies's Facebook,Twitter and Google+ page.
- We are offering exclusive HCL merchandise.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is HCL Technologies Limited (the "Promoter").
- There is no participation fee or any purchase required for this competition.
- Contest begins at 19:00 Hrs Indian Standard Time (IST) on December 22nd, 2014 and ends at 23:59 Hrs Indian Standard Time (IST), December 26th, 2014.
- For next 4 days we ask a question each day, related to the first Personal Computer that was built by HCL. Participants of the contest should provide answer in comments with the hashtag #HCLFirst. By providing answer, each Participant would be deemed to have confirmed his participation in this contest and shall further be deemed to have confirmed his acceptance to the terms and conditions and be bound by the same.
- To the extent legally permissible, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend without any liability, at its sole discretion, this competition and these terms and conditions without any notice for any reason including but not limited to the events like catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the control of Promoter. Any changes to the competition will be notified to participants as soon as possible on the Facebook page of HCL Technologies. It is the responsibility of participants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the rules/results and other information related to this competition.
- By entering this competition, the Participant hereby warrants that all information submitted by Participant at the time of registration is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Furthermore, Participant also warrant that all the details pertaining to him, as are available at any of the social media platform used by him, are true and correct and that he is not operating through any fake account. The Promoter of this competition reserves the right to verify any information provided by you and reserves the right to cancel your participation or restrict you from further participating in the competition if the information provided by you is found to be false or materially incorrect.
- All information/content provided by the Participant must be in English only.
- The submission must not contain any information from any customer engagement or any other information from HCL Technologies that are of sensitive nature. Any such submission will result in immediate elimination of the participant from the contest, and may be followed by strict disciplinary action being taken against the participating employee.
- The submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The submission must not in any way disparage Promoter, any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest.
- The Participants are free to opt out of the competition at any point in time.
- The Promoter will select the winner based on Rules of this competition. If the winner cannot be contacted at the address provided by him at the link given by the promoter or does not claim the award within fourteen (14) days of announcement, Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize.
- Each Participant acknowledges that other participants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Participant's submission. Each Participant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Participant or Promoter arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any false information provided or warranties or promises made about this contest by any third party.
- The Promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no further correspondence from any Participant will be encouraged and entertained.
- To the maximum extent permitted under law, the participant to this competition releases and forever discharges the Promoter and agrees to indemnify the Promoter of this competition from any losses, damages, actions, claims, demands of any sort whatsoever arising from or related to this competition, including but not limited to third party IP infringement claims with respect to content submitted by the Participant.
- By participating in this contest, you are providing consent to the Promoter to hold and process, both electronically and otherwise, data including your personal details that it collects at the time of registration, for the purpose of managing the contest and various marketing purposes. You further grant your consent to the Promoter to access, transfer, storage and process your personal data, as provided by you for this competition outside the country of your residence, including but not limited to India, US, UK and other countries the Promoter have offices.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW BESIDES ANY OTHER ACTION THAT THE PROMOTER MAY DECIDE TO INITIATE AGAINST THE PARTICIPANT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION OR AS MAY BE ADVISED.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTER OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTOR OR EMPLOYEE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE COMPETITION, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPETITION/PROMOTER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS COMPETITION AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn or any other Social Network.
- The Promoter of this competition accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any participant of this competition, including as a result of any participant winning or not winning any prize or being disqualified from the competition.
- The Promoter of this competition accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer or internet error in transit.
- The Participants hereby agree to indemnify the Promoter against all claims losses as may arise on account of Participant's submitting content alleged to be infringing third party IPR and against claims losses as may arise out of participant winning or not winning any prize or being disqualified from the competition and against claims as may arise out of Participant's failure to comply with obligations prescribed under applicable statutes and against any claims that may arise out of by Participant's failure to comply with obligations prescribed by any of the social platforms the Participant is registered with.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions by any participant.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi, India.