Global Meet Ideas
The 2011 edition of Unstructure hosted over 80 thought leaders in a 1 and a half-day conference and included a galaxy of stars including:
- President Bill Clinton – Politician who moved from the White House to the world of high-impact social enterprise, with his Clinton Global Initiative
- Malcolm Gladwell – Author and New Yorker staff writer who, in books such as Blink and The Tipping Point, has changed the way we view the world and ourselves
- Shiv Nadar – Legendary and visionary business leader who now has set his sights on changing the world of education
- David Christian – Originator of the influential concept of “Big History,” which has captured the imagination of people like Bill Gates
- Vivek Ranadivé – Chairman and CEO of Tibco Software and author of The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future – Just Enough (Random House/Crown Business, September 2011)
Global Meet 2011 is a business conference with a twist – nearly all the speakers communicated their ideas in crisp and concise 15 to 20 minute talks. Although they were loosely grouped in sessions of four to five speakers each, there was no chance of encountering the snooze-inducing time-drag of conventional panel discussions in this TED-like format. Most of the time, there were four or five parallel break-out tracks running with a total of 15-20 speakers on stage at any one time – intellectual variety at its best.
3. A Wealth of Networking Opportunities
The opportunity to meet – whether by design or by chance – with others in the industry is one of the great benefits of attending Global Meet. We hosted:
- 1000+ attendees representing
- 300+ companies with professional profiles ranging from CXO, IT or operations expert, analyst, sourcing advisor – not to mention HCL’s top 200 leaders
4. Unforgettable entertainment and off-conference activities
The Global Meet’s Bollywood gala night is back with a breathtaking show of pulsating music and gorgeous performers against the backdrop of a Great Indian Wedding. And if that wasn’t enough, the off-conference hours also let the conference attendees let their hair down while learning a little magic, picking up some Indian cooking tips, cocktail mixing and even being handed some clues on how to be a DJ for the night!
5. A Beautiful Vacation Setting With Numerous Activities for Spouse or Family
The Global Meet has been hosted at some of the signature venues in Orlando in recent years. 2011 saw the conference being hosted at the premier Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin property, located between Disney’s Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Nearby theme parks, plenty of world class golfing facilities and highly engaging activity programs for kids make sure the families accompanying the conference participants are able to turn the Global Meet into a getaway vacation!