Ideapreneurs - Enterprise Transformation Services
ERSEngineering AND R&D Services
BSERVBusiness Process Outsourcing
IASIndustry Application Services
ETSEnterprise Transformation Services
ESIEnterprise System Integration
Mohammad Faisal Working withHCLTechnologiesas a Technical Manager
- The client is a logistics company with its customers and operations spread across the globe.
- Faisal from HCL was helping the client in moving away from email and attachments to more technologically advanced functions, using the Sharepoint application.
- The client's websites were hosted on multiple servers, which made the user to enter their credentials every time they clicked on an external website link.
- On an average, a user had to enter his/her user name password 10 times in a day.
- Faisal and his team created an intranet trusted zone that would pick up users' local credentials, which they entered at the time of signing into the Sharepoint application.
- The team also facilitated and rolled out a group policy to include client's websites in the local trusted zone.
- The idea helped reduced average user logins from 10 to just 1 per day.
- After implementing this idea, whenever users accessed a new website within the trusted zone, all they had to do was 'click and enter it'
AJESH KUMAR working with HCL Technologies as a Senior Technical Lead.
- The client is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies with operations in laboratories, consumer care and manufacturing
- Ajesh from HCL was helping the client in developing the Cognos Cubes
- The cube was not like a live ticker, giving a real time data
- There was an issue in the production i.e. after every cube refresh the cube file was losing its location constantly
- Ajesh’s idea was to have a script that would check the availability of the Cube files, every five minutes
- With a constant and proactive check on the Cube location, Ajesh and his team was successful in eliminating the chance of a Cube access failure
UJJWAL TIWARI Working with HCL Technologies as a Lead Engineer.
- The client is a manufacturer of engines in aerospace domain with global service operations
- Ujjwal from HCL was working onsite with his client on a project in Canada
- The client had a very complex, time consuming and manual errorprone process for the creation of website
- Ujjwal and his team decided to automate the process by creating a basicweb template
- The idea involved creating a template with features for site provisioning,which administrators could select and configure by checking the content and attributes they want
- The automated web creation solution reduced web development time by 99%
- With automated web creation solution, the client won the second prize inPioneer Awards which is a competition for all departments at the client’sCanadian wing
Disclaimer –“ The content presented here are based on real life situations and experiences of real ideapreneurs for providing training to and motivating HCL’s resources. The contents of this collateral are not intended to disparage or criticize any entity/ competitor’s way of working/ deliverables and any such connotation, if conveyed is purely unintentional and regretted. The names of the clients have not been disclosed to maintain confidentiality of HCL’s clients. No part of this collateral may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including printing, photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission of HCL.”