iMRO is SAP and HCL's industry solution add-on for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO). It is an SAP complimentary software product which extends SAP ERP MRO specifically for this industry. iMRO enhances the SAP user interface to meet industry requirements in the areas of maintenance engineering, planning and operations for business organizations in the following market segments:
- Airlines performing their own or external third party aircraft, engine, line or component repair
- Travel and transportation organizations (such as railways or freight forwarders) managing and maintaining a complex fleet and infrastructure of transportation equipment
- Dedicated MRO providers performing third party (revenue bearing) maintenance services
- Aviation and Aerospace original equipment manufacturers who simultaneously perform after-market delivery maintenance and support services on their or their competitor's products
- Defense and other public sector organizations managing and maintaining fleets or aerospace, transportation or nautical assets
MRO is the SAP ERP MRO industry add-on solution for this demanding and complicated industry vertical. HCL is drawing on 14 years experience with SAP at over 100 customer sites covering aviation, aerospace and complex asset management and maintenance organizations.
Facts at a Glance
|Product Name||Industry solution for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul|
|Market||Maintenance, repair and overhaul service providers, manufacturers and transportation companies in aviation, aerospace and defense who have or are adopting SAP as their enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform|
|Benefits||Enhanced user interface and extended industry-specific functionality to improve user productivity, best-practices, and asset - e.g. aircraft, facility, labor, inventory - utilization|
|Development Plan||SAP solution roadmap which addresses industry requirements, monitors industry trends and is focused on the next generation of MRO best practices|
|Platform||Built for running on SAP's ERP 6.0 solution with enhancement pack 3. Runs on any database, operating system or hardware supported by SAP|
|Version||iMRO Version 7 will be available from mid-2015. The release focuses on aircraft fleet management with extension to the MPD solution, further automation of the complex asset scenario and optimization of simple component repair execution processes.|
|Hardware Requirements||No special hardware requirements, same as SAP ERP 6.0|
iMRO will help your organization control cost, reduce process and turn-time variability and improve planning and scheduling. This should provide benefits in higher asset utilization, fewer un-forecast flight schedule interruptions, faster external revenue growth with quicker and more accurate billing and better cost and profitability visibility for external contracts including fleet management agreements with performance based pricing. iMRO will reduce the time, cost and risk for your SAP MRO implementation, resulting in a more user-friendly and industry-specific application for your business.