Electrical and Hardware Engineering
HCL delivers custom solutions combining both electrical and mechanical systems, offering services in board and system design, FPGA/ASIC design, verification and validation and other services.
Board and System Design
- Concept to board prototyping
- DSP, analog, mixed signal, signal condition, FPGA
- Complex PCB design
- Standards compliance
- Diagnostics, BSP, drivers
- Power, IO, timing, SI, thermal analysis services
- Analog, digital, mixed signal designs
- Power electronics with FETS, IGBTs, thyristors, triacs
- DFx and safety critical designs
- Spec-to-bit file/GDSII
- Complex and logic intensive designs
- Proof of concept
- Physical design
- Retargeting and reengineering
Verification and Validation
- Board diagnostics
- Compliance and certification
- HVL/C/PLI methodology
- Text fixture, production fixture, automated test equipment
- Simulation services - pSpice, MATLAB modeling
- Value engineering
- SCM support
- Packaging design and simulation
- Reverse engineering
- Manufacturing and testing
- Compliance engineering
What We’ve Done For Others
- For a leading energy transmission organization, HCL designed its IGBT gate driver module, and provided FPGA code development, validation, and built the prototype. The solution was a 4.5 KB IGPT gate drive unit, optical fiber isolation between IGBT GU and main controller, software programmable IGBT gate drive power, dynamically controlled turn on and turn off, short circuit and over current detection, over voltage protection, flexible gate switching frequency, and FPGA based architecture for programmability. The advantages of the solution were high reliability, low cost, low power consumption, small footprint, long life, and a modular design.
- HCL has had a decade long relationship with a leading semiconductor ATE OEM for whom HCL has achieved more than $60M in cost savings, reduced testing cycle time by 45%, and increased test coverage from 35% to 80% through semiconductor engineering capabilities.
- For a semiconductor company which faced time-to-market issues due to the cyclical nature of the market, HCL balanced new product engineering with sustenance and non-core activities which led to a cumulative $30M+ savings for the customer.