Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
A comprehensive understanding of what is manufacturing execution system is essential to achieving operational efficiency. Maintaining real-time and consistent visibility over work-in-progress is the first step towards gathering actionable information which assists in decision-making. Thus, robust manufacturing execution systems work in tandem with infrastructure and personnel, in order to optimize productivity and reduce cycle-time.
HCL’s solutions for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) address the gaps between the Shop Floor and the Control systems on the one hand, and the enterprise level ERP systems on the other, thereby creating a series of synchronized and coordinated information links.
Our MES systems solution results in a tighter control over manufacturing systems, end-product quality, and production repeatability. These solutions are focused on industry best practices for implementation and integration regardless of the product being manufactured. HCL has vast experience in multiple MES products and offers services in the areas of consulting, implementation, integration-downstream and upstream automation, enterprise/ engineering integration, upgrades and legacy transformation and standardization.
Why Should You Consider HCL?
- Our multi-product experience and selection methodology helps you select the right fitting MES solution for your organization
- Our Implementation methodology is based on the industry’s best practices, and helps reduce risks and project overruns
- Our experience in upstream and downstream systems ensures smooth integration
- By identifying performance issues early on, we help tune and optimize performance which leads to significant cost benefits
- Our testing and monitoring expertise helps speed up assessment and remediation phases
- We can enable interfacing with ATE systems to collect device assembly and test data
- We provide 24x7 Offshore support ensuring quality support at a lower cost
What We’ve Done for Others
- Evaluated multiple off-the-shelf products and recommended the right fit for our customers’ unique business needs
- Improved their transaction throughput by 2 to 10 times
- Reduced support and maintenance cost by up to 45% by stabilizing their production environments
- Helped them outperform SLAs for cut-over shutdown to 16 hours as against the provisioned 24 hours
- Improved decision making by ensuring real time dashboard visibility at enterprise level, to optimize plant operations
- Reduced manual labor in data aggregation and reporting - resulting in an effort saving of 30%
- Enabled manufacturing and device data viewing from remote locations
- Meeting regulatory compliance and government standards
HCL has provided end-to-end manufacturing execution systems solutions to customers across industries:
- Implemented, maintained and supported a Visiprise based MES system for a medical device major
- Implemented a Camstar Insite MES system for a discrete electronics manufacturer
- Integrated a Camstar Insite MES system with Oracle ERP for a world leader in microcontrollers
- Developed custom solutions for an optical network components manufacturer, a solar panel manufacturer, and a hard disk manufacturer
- Legacy migration, new integrations and performance assessment for a flash memory manufacturer
- Manufacturing applications - 24x7 production support for two semiconductor majors across multiple geographies