HCL always focuses on quality and process and is the first engineering services organization to become CMMi Level 5 compliant. HCL offers concept-to-manufacture industrial mechanical engineering services, and has in-house labs for value engineering, metrology, teardown, and testing.
- Concept: Industrial design, styling and ergonomics
- Design: Component design, DFx
- Modeling and Detailing: CAD modeling and detailed designing, manufacturing drawings and BoM, GD&T, stack up analysis, ANSI standard
- Analysis: CAE structural, thermal flow, CFD analysis
- Reliability: Reliability planning, FMEA and DFMEA, warranty analysis, reliability test plan
- Prototyping: Plastic, machined parts, component assembly
- Testing: Shock testing, vibration testing, environmental testing, certifications, test fixture design
- Manufacturing support: Tooling and fixtures design, obsolescence management and design
What We’ve Done For Others
HCL was involved in the design and development of an intelligent grid connected solar inverter, which supports up to 5.4KW of power. HCL increased the wattage of the hardware based board by 50% (from 1.8KW to 5.4KW) without increasing the size of the board, and also completely redesigned the mechanical enclosure so that peak efficiency increased to around 96.5%.