Power of One: Focus Programs
In FY 2012, we created focus programs under our Power of One initiative with the aim of engaging employees in holistic community-development, from education to empowerment. Various communities benefit from engaging with us; stakeholders, young leaders, our supply-chain community and persons with disabilities. In FY 2012, Power of One activities and programs were conducted in facilities across NCR, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Pune. We focused on meaningful employee interactions with our beneficiaries, going beyond only material donations and providing sustainable livelihoods.
Communities we engage with our located within a 4-mile radius of our facilities so that employee engagement and relationship with beneficiaries are sustained.
HCLT Youth Clubs
The community-based work done through our HCLT Youth Clubs is aligned with our vision of enabling sustainable livelihood through education and employee volunteerism.
In FY 2012, the HCLT Youth Clubs were founded to promote sustainable livelihoods for the less privileged youth by connecting them with employees who work with them as teachers, counselors and mentors. The Foundation enables a symbiotic relationship between employee volunteers and students from government-aided schools. The Foundation works with employee volunteers in creating platforms for the less privileged youth focusing on their holistic development. Currently, there are 57 HCLT sponsored Youth Clubs across India through which our employees interact with students, encouraging and supporting them.
Youth Club activities enhance existing curriculums where volunteers guide students by exposing them to practical experiments aligned with their coursework. Students in our Youth Clubs are not only provided with educational support, but also receive life-skills training and counselling. Awareness drives and health camps are conducted for students on a regular basis. The Foundation works with Youth Clubs in creating libraries and IT labs for students. Vocational training is also provided to students. In FY 2012, the budgets for our HCLT youth clubs for infrastructure development and enabling sustainable livelihoods for our youth is Rs. 2 Crores.
HCLT Youth Clubs: Milestones FY 2012
- 37, 853 beneficiaries
- 57 Youth Clubs across Noida, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad focusing on creating IT Labs, Tuitions, Sports, and Counseling activities
- 3000+ children benefitted through library creation
- 2000+ students impacted through vigil camps
- 20 Youth Clubs selected for digital libraries
- 200 women employable after 6-weeks of life skills training
Friend-in-Need: Milestones FY 2012
- 200 Solar Lanterns distributed for students from 5 interior villages in cyclone- affected Cuddalore district
- 5000 beneficiaries received blankets
- 1400+ less privileged individuals received food packets during Diwali
- 1350 children and 365 adults supported through regular health camps in slums across India
- 1700+ children and adults benefitted through regular eye check up camps across India
- 2588 HCLT employees donated blood through our blood camps
Just Like Us, Teach at Office, Social Recycling and Renew Milestones
- 600 children with HIV supported for micronutrition
- 835 orphans supported with funds for projects on health and hygiene
- 22,000+ beneficiaries received clothes during the Diwali festival in India
- 875 support staff trained on self management, soft skills, etiquette, etc
- 15,000 tree plantations - Phase 1 covered 275 trees in Bangalore, 1750 in Chennai and a nursery established
- 2.5 tons of garbage cleaned up from Chennai beach by 60 volunteers