Bring Your Own Device Services
The Situation Today
In today’s world of IT consumerization, the requirements of the workplace and its employees are changing rapidly. Employees are bringing in their own devices and expecting IT to provide access to both business and personal applications at all times. Bring your own device (BYOD) is much more than a buzzword now — it has intensely influenced the dynamics of workplace services. HCL’s comprehensive approach on BYOD helps organizations adopt this trend to stay ahead of the curve while ensuring compliance and secured access.
How HCL Can Help
Most organizations are convinced of the importance of BYOD; however, when it comes to rolling it out, they do not know how and where to start. The biggest hurdle actually lies in answering three simple questions (a) Why BYOD?, (b) BYOD for whom?, and (c) BYOD on what? Once this is determined, a structured approach to the BYOD program can be implemented.
HCL has rich experience in implementing BYOD programs for customers. We offer the industry’s first holistic BYOD approach that covers:
- Consulting (use case definition, policy creation, application roadmap, architecture blueprinting);
- Provisioning (user, device and app onboarding, self-service enablement, technology deployment, support model re-alignment); and
- Monitoring (network access activity, compliance reports generation and analytics based on user roles, class of device and access location).
What You Can Expect
HCL’s holistic BYOD approach helps you create a framework for your organization’s infrastructure needs, based on end user segmentation — considering user attributes such as resource usage, application access needs, their business requirements — and design principles for smartphones, laptops, web, virtual or native applications, cloud versus on-premise. This allows HCL to segment users into BYOD - segments like basic, enhanced, and advanced. The diagram below shows representative services that may be offered:
- User profile aligned BYOD programs
- Use case-aligned technology selection
- Cost optimization via the optimized consumption model (cloud + On-premise)
- Support model rationalization