HCL Cloud Assessment Framework
The Situation Today
As enterprises build their data security in the cloud, conducting readiness assessment is of strategic importance. HCL believes that application readiness and compliance controls are the prerequisites for determining business-oriented data security in cloud computing.
How HCL Can Help
HCL has designed a Cloud Assessment and Readiness Tool (CART) that enables organizations assess their "cloud readiness" using powerful self-driven analysis. The tool uses a range of over 20 parameters across technical, business, compliance, and security, for technology readiness assessment in cloud. It captures generic points of view for specific package applications and their readiness for the cloud; it ensures organization readiness for cloud adoption across the three broad categories of architecture and infrastructure, application and behavior, and data security and compliance; and, it drastically cuts down the time taken for assessment, thus reducing the time to market for cloud opportunities.
What You Can Expect
HCL’s CART helps you align your cloud computing and business strategies while providing technology readiness assessment to determine ROI/TCO analysis for data security in the cloud.
Our services include:
- Cloud Technology Readiness Assessment Reports: Workloads/applications mapped to recommended deployment models in cloud including IAAS (Private or Virtual) across public and private clouds
- Deployment Models: Customized best-fit platform recommendations with respect to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) or Infrastructure-as-a-Services (IAAS), for specific workload types.
Assessment Period: ~4 to 6 Weeks
What We’ve Done for Others
- For a media conglomerate, HCL implemented the cloud assessment methodology, and its results and recommendations have been widely appreciated by the client
- For an American multinational mass media corporation, HCL carried out detailed cloud assessment and our recommendations are being used to evaluate and chart out the organization's future IT roadmap
- For a U.S.-based non-governmental organization, HCL implemented its cloud technology readiness assessment methodology, and our recommendations have been appreciated and used in building their IT strategy
- For a U.S.-based leading toy and juvenile-products retailer, HCL conducted a comprehensive cloud technology readiness assessment study as part of the overall solution.