MANAGED PRINT SERVICES & SOLUTIONS
Automation, along with its many promises, also carries stigmas, preconceptions and misconceptions that are frequently overlooked. Read this newsletter to be aware and prepared for some of the pitfalls that lie ahead.
Challenges we address
Today, Managed Print Services (MPS) is a well-established method of optimizing printer fleets and reducing print-related costs by almost 10-30%. Many organizations that have implemented an MPS program have only realized a fraction of the true benefits - such as, streamlining document-intensive workflows. Sometimes MPS goes wrong in terms of value delivery; and sometimes a declining cost per page creates the incentive for organizations to print more. Next generation MPS (also known as Managed Content Services or MCS) is a logical extension of MPS, as MCS picks up from where MPS leaves off. A proper managed print services is needed for different organizations to optimize their costs and reduce unnecessary printing and discarding of papers.
Clients today are also conscious of their global ecological footprint and are taking steps to reduce their carbon footprint. HCL’s next generation MPS also known as Managed Content Services (MCS) keeps in mind all these and helps in optimizing the printing landscape across client organizations
HCL Managed Print Services
HCL leverages a 360 degree strategic relationship with Xerox on print and content related enterprise solutions. The relationship brings HCL’s expertise and leadership in infrastructure management & end-user computing together with Xerox’s best-in-class imaging & printing technology and services.
HCL’s Next Generation Managed Print Services solution incorporates rigorous processes, a phased implementation strategy, and innovative technology in collaboration with Xerox. It analyzes why printing is being done, and reduces the dependence of an organization on paper, over time, by managing content.
We offer our services in the following phases
- Planning Phase to understand the current printing environment of the client organization. The number of users using the print services and the volume of data that is being printed in a specific time frame. This is help us devise a properly customized strategy specific to the client organization.
- Printing Operations management for day-to-day management of the printing environment. We provide solutions for managing the print environment on the go and to properly optimize the printing volume in the organization
- Print Analytics This is mostly a back office function which uses analytics to understand which users and functions are using the printers the most
What you can expect
These are the benefits of utilizing HCL’s Next Generation Managed Print Services:
- Proactive and intelligent support - proactive alert monitoring reduces service calls and downtime
- Reduce waste with the Environmental Asset Recovery Program and the Metered Supplies System
- OPEX pricing
- Printing from Mobile devices
- Security, governance and compliance
- Automated paper-based processes