MTaaS™ has a Modular, layered architecture, with each layer adding value and complimentary functionality to the input from the layer below, and providing the relevant input to the layer above. The Solution Architecture has the following layers:
Element Monitoring & Management Layer (Function – Data Collection): This layer consists of the various element managers, which collect the fault and performance data for the various IT components like systems, Networks and Applications. The collector modules (probes/monitors/agents) of these managers interact with the target elements, collect the fault and performance data, and report the same to their respective master servers. A detail of the supported OS / devices is provided in the MTaaS™ Service Catalogue Section.
For the customers who already have the Element Managers in their environment, MTaaS™ offers the flexibility of integrating the same with the MTaaS™ MOM Layer through integrations modules. A list of the Standard Element Managers for which the integration modules are available is given in Appendix.
- Server Monitoring: Fault and Performance monitoring for Windows 2K, 2K3,2K8,Red Hat Linux, Solaris, AIX, Unix, HP/UX devices, IBM i & P Series, Open VMS
- Data Network Monitoring: Fault and Performance monitoring for all SNMP enabled data network devices (Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Extreme, Nokia, Nortel etc.)
- Advanced IP Telephony Monitoring: Cisco/Avaya/Nortel Monitoring of Call Servers/Gateways/Phones with Reporting
- MS Exchange Monitoring: Fault and Performance monitoring for Exchange 5.5, 2003, 2007
- Database Monitoring: Fault and Performance monitoring for MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Application Monitoring: Fault and Performance monitoring for Packaged Applications
- User Transaction Monitoring: Response Time monitoring for end to end transactions on the infrastructure tools. 5 business transactions of customers’ choice will also be monitored from A Single Location
- Desktop Management: Desktop Configuration Management/Patch Management/Software Distribution and License Metering
- Server Configuration Management: Config Management/Patch Management
- Basic Network Configuration Management: Configuration Backup/Remote Configurations
- Advanced Network Configuration Management: Patch Management/Device Provisioning/Policy Management/Compliance Reporting/Configuration Backup
Integration Layer (Function – Event Management): All the event and performance data collected from the EMS tools is integrated in the Event Management layer for root-cause-analysis and event consolidation to give an enterprise view Of the IT events. This integration is done through integration probes. The integration of the MOM layer with element managers, and other data sources like the CMDB (via the SM Layer) gives it the end-to-end visibility and intelligence which gives it the capability to perform event enrichment, correlation, de-duplication, & Event Analytics(PCA).This enables a high degree of operational efficiency improvement. Also all Process
The MOM layer can be used by all the technology resources to ensure availability and quality of service. MOM layer provides all the views, reporting, administration and key performance parameters to enable a single view for the enterprise.
Service Management Layer (Function – Process Automation): The qualified events are passed from the MOM layer to the Service management layer in the form of incident tickets, and are then tracked as such. The service management layer enables the automation of the IT processes. It has well defined modules and workflows for all the ITIL-defined processes like Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Request Management, Asset Management, Service Level Management and the underlying core CMDB.
IT Process Automation (Function – Visibility): Provides an Orchestration Engine used by HCL to leverage Cross Tower Workflow Integration and Standard Task Automation is triggered. Leveraged as a Common Integration Platform. It is also used for Integration of client Service Management System for seamless exchange of Process Data
Unified Reporting Layer(Function – Visibility): The reporting of Performance & IT Service Management is done through a unified reporting portal, which gives an integrated, multi-dimensional view of the IT operations, and provides for intelligent decision making for All levels if the IT hierarchy. The reporting is done not just for the real time data, but it also gives powerful trend analysis and comparisons, to facilitate the measurement of IT Service Management Metrics.