Office 365 – Email Communication Management
Automation, along with its many promises, also carries stigmas, preconceptions and misconceptions that are frequently overlooked. Read this newsletter to be aware and prepared for some of the pitfalls that lie ahead.
Challenges we address
Email still remains the main channel of corporate communication despite the advent of social media and collaboration solutions. However, as the usage of email services grew rapidly many enterprises started finding email communication management difficult. Enterprises usually face the following challenges:
- Storage Limitations: Storage limitation is usually highlighted by end users, as a primary issue with email services. In the past few years we have seen a massive rise in the:
- Size of attachments
- Usage of attachments
- Space required for storing messages
- Dealing with Spams: There The amount of spam keeps increasing day by day. Nowadays, billions of messages need to be blocked every day and if not blocked properly it can negatively impact efficiency. More importantly your employees’ can be distracted from focussing on important business messages.
- Gen-Y Employees: With the advent of new technology and mobile devices, employees are no more confined to their workstations. This has led to an increasing demand for access to email on mobile devices.
- Guaranteed Availability: End users, today demand 24/7 availability and more functionality from their email system.
- Availability during Unforeseen Events: Email communication today has become so critical that today, end users demand for uncompromised and continued services.
- A Costly Affair: The expense of operating an in house email and messaging function is an expensive task and more and more organizations today are looking for economical alternatives such as outsourcing the function. Initial cost differences are extremely high, as much as 85%.
HCL Office 365 Offering:
HCL’s 360 Degree Partnership with Microsoft
- Center Of Excellence exclusively designed for Microsoft wherein HCL’s architects and consultants work on Microsoft’s product releases much before it goes to market.
- Availability of a strong pool of trained man power places HCL among top market leaders in handling Microsoft Products and Technologies.
The solution is an ITIL-driven service, which provides customers with a complete Microsoft Exchange email environment, hosted locally in HCL data centers. It is most suitable for organizations that want to refresh their email environment, reduce the total cost of ownership of their IT systems or move into an operating expense model.
The environment has dedicated hardware and software to exclusively cater the customers’ messaging and collaboration requirement. In addition, the team comprises of dedicated Level 2 and Level 3 experts for managing the customer’s messaging and collaboration environment.
Certified Operations Management Centers (OMCs)
MaaS is delivered from our certified OMCs and certifications such as ISO 9002 (Processes), ISO 27001 (Information Security), ITIL, ISO 20000 leads to process compliance.
Tailored Messaging as a Service Solution
MaaS offers various options to choose from, depending on the customer environment and user type: VIP User, Office Worker, Mobile Worker and Task Worker. Further, HCL offers a range of flexible mailbox options. Enterprises can also choose options that include anti-virus protection, mailbox backup and importantly, 99.9% uptime and higher service availability and also a range of optional add-ons such as archiving, compliance, BlackBerry and fax support.
Robust Business Continuity and Data Back-up
HCL’s MaaS manages the entire backend infrastructure, thereby minimizing the impact of major and minor service outages. MaaS is a robust business continuity solution for the customer to ensure uninterrupted receipt of email until they can come back online. A backup pool will be created at the secondary (DR) site that will provide site resiliency in case the primary datacenter goes down.
Robust Physical Security
HCL’s datacenters are SAS 70 compliant that means the datacentres have adequate controls and safe guards in place to host or process data related to their customer base.
Ability to Manage Hybrid Environment
Many organizations will want to maintain at least some part of their MS Exchange infrastructure in-house. For example, a corporate headquarter with thousands of users may have MS Exchange deployed in-house, while remote offices that do not have dedicated IT staff or specialized MS Exchange expertise could use HCL’s MaaS. This permits all users in the company to have the same experience with MS Outlook and with their mobile devices, while at the same time driving down the cost and complexity of managing MS Exchange.
What you can expect?
- Pay-per-Use: This provides flexibility allowing customers to scale usage up and down as required.
- Easy Deployment and Scaling: Email services can be deployed at a much faster pace. This makes it easy to add or eliminate small number of users, or even entire business operations, which is particularly important when integrating merged or acquired companies into an MS Exchange infrastructure.
- Cost Optimization: Enterprises register a significant reduction in the cost (85%) of collaboration and communication as compared to in-house messaging systems of an enterprise.
- Increased Productivity: Transferring the responsibility of managing spam, protection against virus attacks, being compliant to regulations and maintaining storage requirements etc., gives opportunities to invest time in value additive business activities.
- Deployment Flexibility: HCL’s MaaS allows an enterprise to be more flexible in the way that they deploy an email management solution for their employees. For example, an enterprise may opt to manage MS Exchange in-house for its corporate headquarters, but provide HCL’s MaaS to each of its field offices that do not have an in-house IT staff.
- Security: HCL’s MaaS operates in a very secure physical facility that includes video surveillance capabilities, multiple employee access points using multi factor authentication, tracking and monitoring tools and other capabilities that protect customer’s data from being compromised.
- Increased Operational Efficiency: HCL’s MaaS is supported by well-trained technical support staff who are available 24X7 and are capable of resolving problems quickly and with minimum expertise from their customers.
- Guaranteed Availability: The service availability commitment from HCL is 24 hours with 99.9% uptime 365 days a year. At HCL, we have a robust framework for availability management in place.
- Minimizes the impact on the internal network: HCL’s MaaS provides anti-virus and anti-spam filtering which eliminates nearly 75% of email that would normally come into networks as spam, only to be quarantined and eventually discarded by end users later. This saves significantly on bandwidth and storage, and on costs that are growing exponentially and unpredictably in smaller organizations.