- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Business Line FT | Analyst | North Carolina
LOCATION: North Carolina
QUALIFICATION:Division/Department EUC SBU
Location List PRF #
Job Title HELPDESK L1
Reports to No of position
Stream : SERVICE DESK Type of position: List
Level of SD Admin List
· Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone/email/chat for customer’s end users
· Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
· Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
· Administer and provide User account provisioning.
· Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention's.
. Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate
support teams and follow up until closure.
. Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution,
and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
. Perform user account management activities
Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets,
presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications)
. Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
. Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
. May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
. Participate in on-going training and departmental development
. Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
. Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
. Provide knowledge transfer of EUC operations
· Phone support experience necessary.
· Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
· Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
· Hands-on work experience with the following:
· Windows Operating systems
· Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
· Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
· ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
· User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
· Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS,
EXPERIENCE: 4.5-8 Years
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1