- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Business Line FT | CONSULTANT | North Carolina
LOCATION: North Carolina
QUALIFICATION:EUC - Service Desk Track lead
Job Title sss Type of Position Consultant
Ref No Business Area EUC – Service Desk
Location Cary Business Division Infra
Approved Date Approved By
The primary function is to answer calls arriving at the Support Center and accurately identify, prioritize, and log the service requests within the established standards. The individual will provide service desk, client systems configuration, solutions documentation and IT operations support.
Role specific responsibilities:
• Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone/email/chat for customer’s end users
• Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
• Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
• Administer and provide User account provisioning.
• Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention's.
• 3-4 yrs of University education post High school
• 1-2 yrs diploma in Information Technology. Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS.
• 5-6 years help desk, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
• Phone support experience necessary.
• ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3. Especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management
• Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
• Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
• Hands-on work experience with the following:
• Windows Operating systems
• Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
• Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
• ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
• User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
• Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
• MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
• Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
• VPN and remote dial-in users
• Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
• PDA and blackberry support
• Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
Essential Experience: (Must have skills)
• Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support over the phone.
• Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
• Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
• Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
• Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover
SKILLS:BPS-Onsite Support Services-Desk Side Services
EXPERIENCE: 7-12 Years
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1