- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Contract | Associate | New York
LOCATION: New York
QUALIFICATION:The primary function on the Solution Architect is to work closely with the Technical Analyst to identify gaps and provide solutions to mitigate risks for cyber-attacks.
• Collaborate with the Technical Analysts and relevant infrastructure towers including operations and engineering teams to understand and identify gaps.
• Define potential solutions to remediate these gaps
• Engage with existing vendors about potential solutions such as managed services or re-architecting the application
• Check with new external vendors about possible solutions to address gaps and remediate issues.
• Ensure potential solutions are compliant to financial institution’s given security standards.
• Determine costs, pros, cons and risks of each potential solution
• Provide alternatives and options in low, medium and high categories
• Engage with infrastructure Subject Matter Efforts to obtain input on potential solutions and to develop recommendations
• Participate in conceptual simulations and pilot scenarios about cyber-attacks to validate recovery capabilities and gaps.
• Report findings and potential solutions to management in a regular basis
• Deep understanding of infrastructure technology across a broad range of infrastructure products and their supporting data centers, specifically those corresponding to storage and backup services
• Extensive knowledge of storage infrastructure, specifically within cloud based services
• Strong architectural understanding through all architectural disciplines (business, data, application, technical and security)
• Deep understanding in a solution-orientated way of working.
• Preferably several years of experience as Solution Design Architect.
• Relevant experience working in the Financial Services industry
• Successful business development assignments involved in shaping strategies and then delivering tailored products that generate significant value to the infrastructure client.
• Significant experience in identifying opportunities for improvement in existing processes/functions.
• Strong communication skills are mandatory.
? Experience with the following technologies:
o EMC VMAX, VNX, VNXe, Centera
o HPE 3PAR,
o PureStorage frames
o CISCO MDS
o Brocade SAN Switches
? Knowledge in with physical and virtual tape libraries.
? Knowledge in IBM PSeries enterprise infrastructure.
? Knowledge in IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager)
Following skills are desirable in the prospective candidate: -
? Familiar with the concepts of the ITIL Framework
? Experience working within large enterprise environments
? Excellent communication and at ease working in an international, multi-cultural environment and matrix organization.
? Ability to work in a dynamic environment, managing multiple & changing priorities.
? Ability to extract information from multiple tools with high attention to det
SKILLS:Technical Skills (APPS)-Solutions Architecture-Solution Architecture - Microsoft
EXPERIENCE: 7-12 Years
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1