The Situation Today
Over the past three decades, it is estimated that the administrative costs alone went up by 1300% in the U.S. healthcare payer system. The problem gets exacerbated with payers having to prepare and implement the changes as a result of the Healthcare reform. Payers realize that operation and maintenance costs are their single biggest cost thus making any improvements therein would be one of the most effective strategies to drive profitable growth. Clearly, the use of IT to manage cost pressure better is a way forward for healthcare payers.
How HCL Can Help
ALT ASM™ is HCL’s alternative view on managing applications. HCL believes that payers need an incident free, highly automated application environment to serve service requests and to reduce the number of tickets to zero.
The objective of HCL’s ALT ASM™ is to deliver an application environment that is as hassle free as SaaS and focused on business alignment even in a “run the business” scenario.
Advantages of ALT ASM™ over Traditional ASM
Fig: Advantages of ALT ASM™ over Traditional ASM
HCL will use the ALT ASM™ framework to deliver a sustainable service delivery model with focus on Service Maturity, Service Excellence and Service Innovation. This framework helps in maximizing value and minimizing cost by improving critical areas like IT operations - including people, process and tools, customer experience, and governance. ALT ASM™ enables organizations to unlock capital with committed gains starting from the first year.
E.g. for a leading payer in the U.S., using the ALT ASM™ approach, we
- Identified portfolios such as claims adjudication and claims acquisition that generated the largest number of service requests so as to business align the target model. These portfolios were to be focused upon during transition so as to bring about business advantages
- Identified that extremely high complex applications such as Common Claims front-ends produce the highest number of tickets while being low in maturity. This and similar applications needed special focus during the transition.
- In line with the tenet of Proactive IT, we identified that there were repetitive abends in the jobs and over 20% of the incidents could be avoided if we applied permanent fixes to just 1% of the jobs that run in the legacy environment of their claim adjudication system.
What You Can Expect
- Releasing ADM resources who were engaged in ASM as HCL takes over business as usual
- Optimized maintenance and support costs of in-scope applications through offshoring and guaranteed YoY operational savings
- Managed Services – deliver quality services as per agreed service levels
- Business Agility – accelerated and de-risked transition
- Demonstrate Thought Leadership – expedite application retirement and provide post retirement application support
Consequently, payers would be able to invest the operational gains extracted from applications management into business transformation initiatives that would provide them an edge in an ever changing business environment.
For more information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org