HCL's Electrical Engineering services portfolio covers the areas of PCB design, compliance testing and validation, reliability engineering, VLSI design, and analog design. HCL has the capability to design PCBs’ of up to 22 layers, with a maximum bus speed of 800MHz, 3.2 GHz signal traces, and a high pin density of 350+ pins per square inch. We are also capable of designing low power circuits, high voltage power electronics circuits, and flex PCBs.
Within each area of expertise under Electrical Engineering, HCL provides:
- PCB design: Hardware architecture design, PCB layout, DFX analysis, and SI analysis
- Testing and validation: Board bring-up, board diagnostics development; design, validation and testing; and test automation
- Reliability engineering: Worst case analysis, reliability prediction, and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- VLSI design: SoC design, FPGA/ASIC design, and physical design
- Analog design: Power supply design, signal conditioning circuit design, filter design, and high voltage and power electronics circuit design
What We’ve Done For Others
- For a medical device manufacturer, HCL was involved in the development of a selective nerve stimulator. The client wanted to create a non-invasive and low cost nerve stimulator with a battery life of a minimum of seven days. HCL was involved in feasibility, concept prototyping, product development, and design transfer of the product. This Class II medical device features water proofing, RF interfacing, control unit with character display, and much more. The design, created by HCL, met all the critical system performance requirements and went through clinical trials, FDA approval, and was subsequently commercially launched in Europe. It was also nominated for the Medical Design Excellence Awards in 2012.