Patient Support Program
The Situation Today
Therapy adherence is a major challenge, leading to prolonged medication, hospitalization, and invasive procedures that result in a heavy increase in treatment costs and even death, affecting all the key stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem. Poor adherence to therapy is caused by several factors:
- A lack of information/coordination between the healthcare provider and the patient
- Adverse events after adopting the prescribed therapy, leading to poor adherence
- Behavioral and psychological challenges making it difficult for the patient to adapt to the therapy
- The patient observes no visible benefits after taking the medicines
- There is an unfavorable impact on the patient’s current lifestyle
- Lack of access to the prescribed medicines
- Inconvenience/complex regime hindering the patient from following the prescribed therapy
One of the key challenges for pharma companies is to create an ecosystem where patients are continuously motivated and optimistic about their condition, and are proactive in adhering to the recommended therapies.
How HCL Can Help
HCL believes that it is possible to motivate patients to adhere to therapy. Towards this end, HCL has developed the 3i framework which can integrate the three stages of information, intelligence and interaction to provide companies with a holistic view of their patients.
Information stage - collecting information from clinical trial management systems (CTMS), electronic patient reported outcome (ePRO) systems, sites, lab data and patients
Intelligence stage - mining the data collected, to create what if/analysis models and benchmarks. These models are essential in assessing the health risk score, patient segmentation, cost/utilization trends, and event risk modeling
Interaction stage - utilizing the intelligence gained to effectively interact with patients through reminders/alerts on their mobiles, patient portals, care protocols, counseling programs and patient self-management toolkits
The 3i framework spans the entire value chain of patient recruitment and retention, patient health management, and patient enablement. Depending on study needs, sponsors and CROs can choose from two platform configurations.
HCL TrialPro ® - which provides a comprehensive solution to capture patient reported outcomes
HCL mTA –which is ideally suited for the management of trial adherence
For more information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org