Clinical Platform as a Service (CPAAS)
The Situation Today
There is critical need for a scalable and secure cloud offering that enables the accelerated implementation of clinical systems, to support early phase clinical trials.
Sponsors are required to manage operational complications and be able to offer integrated service delivery across configuration, data migration, business services, infrastructure, and cloud hosting areas.
How HCL Can Help
HCL’s CPaaS is a cloud-based multi-tenant integrated technology platform for biopharmaceutical drug development, and is offered as an industry solution with a broad set of clinical, safety and regulatory applications, scalable computing, storage, database, and analytical capabilities.
The CPaaS solution enables:
- A greater focus on core biopharmaceutical research and innovation by a significant reduction in the internal infrastructure, licensing, and IT applications footprint
- Transition from fixed and maintenance-heavy technology spends to a less expensive, streamlined, and scalable variable operating cost.
- Flexibility through pay-for-use and pay-as-you-go commercial models, with substantial cost benefits
- Unambiguous and simplified accounting of R&D IT unitized cost per study
- Geography-based information storage capabilities to meet global customer needs
- Customer strategic advisory boards to influence future product and platform directions/innovations
- Built-in capability to accept feeds from medical devices used in clinical trials
- Built-in support for HL7 standards for EMR/EHR integration and support
What You Can Expect
- As part of the implementation of this platform, HCL provides complete GxP validation over the cloud vendor, HIPAA, and other required certifications
- For European customers, HCL provides the option of keeping data in Europe
- A best-of-breed integrated platform where customers can chose their best applications most suited for their needs (e.g. EDC from Medidata, Oracle and EDETEK)
- A per study pricing model, which would enable sponsors and CROs to potentially unitize their clinical IT cost and leverage a best-in-class industry-leading platform
For more information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org