Population Health Management
The Situation Today
The healthcare system in the U.S., when compared to other first world nations, is one of the costliest with higher levels of healthcare spending, costlier hospital stays and higher prices of prescription drugs. A major reason for the steady rise in healthcare expenditure over the years has been the episodic treatment approach that has been prevalent in the U.S. These inefficiencies are further exacerbated when factoring the impact of chronic conditions which contributes to roughly 84% of the total healthcare cost.
The need of the hour is for health plans to adopt a more proactive approach that not only covers the members who have a chronic condition but also extends preventive care to members who have a tendency (influenced by genetic and lifestyle factors) to develop chronic conditions
How HCL Can Help
HCL believes that innovative approaches to population health management – like offering personalized intervention plans to participants of a chronic disease management program – is key for a payer to maintain its customer-centric approach and differentiate its services from a traditional care management program.
In this context, HCL’s Population Health Management (PHM) solution helps enhance the quality of life for members with chronic conditions, through a combination of two approaches - an analytical approach to identify the riskiest members, and a personalized, educative approach that stresses therapy adherence, lifestyle and behavioural modifications, drug compliance, regular monitoring, individualized action plans and frequent physician consultation.
What You Can Expect
- An E2E platform for population health management
- Award winning PHM capabilities to meet healthcare’s triple aim of improving care quality, improving population health, and reducing healthcare cost
- Analytics-based personalized interventions and measurable outcome metrics that drive therapy adherence and health improvement
- Member stratification in terms of predicted risk levels driving customized therapy modifications or educational sessions on a real-time basis
- High-touch member interactions leading to positive behavioral modification and improved clinical results
- Multi-geography, scalable member outreach services
For more information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org